News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Ummm English?

I installed 1.1.2 fresh no modification or other packs.

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

TrueSatan

Try making sure that you are using English and not English utf8 as that can mess up some mods.

SaltedWeb

how would I have got English utf8 ?

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

TrueSatan

It can be selected during installation of the forum or afterwards too...but a number of mods don't work with it hence my pointing it out.

babjusi

Quote from: Diamondcomputer on June 07, 2007, 08:40:13 PM
how would I have got English utf8 ?

How did you install smf, via fantastico? As TrueSatan pointed out, most mods seem to have a problem working properly when the default language of the forum is set to english-utf. To change it back to plain english, you have to go to server settings in the admin''s panel. Hope this helps

Robi052

Hi all. After upgrade smf from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 link Uninstall missing for this mod. Then I try install latest version (for 1.1.3). After that all banners is double!? Check in smffooter.php and smfheader.php but in this file is only one code for each banner. Whats wrong and how fix that?

Problem solved. Install script add double code in
$sourcedir/Subs.php
$boarddir/index.php

Now here just stay problem with uninstall link

folkandfaith

Quote from: folkandfaith on May 08, 2007, 01:06:11 AM
Tried un-installing it, deleting it, and then going back and downloading it and uploading it only to get the same "line 349" error. Any way to fix this to make it work?

Been awhile since I checked back in on this. Is this issue resolved now or still in the same 'limbo' world?

askepott

would like to know if this mod is workin well too. and if so, i'll gladly install it on my forum :)

TrueSatan

I have it running in SMF 1.1.3 with no issues.

K4EEO

This is running perfectly in my SMF 1.1.3 install.. Thanks!!

tu111

This MOD work for me.  I use smf1.1.3 Thai language.

JOSHSKORN

I'm still understanding the concept of this mod.  Can someone post some screen shots of this mod in action?  The Link to Mod shows the screen to implement the Headers and Footers but I want to see them in use to get a clear vision as to what this mod does.

TrueSatan

You might be best to install a spare test forum and install this mod into it then you can play with it all you like and see what it does.

auspool

thats what i did to
i tend to do that with all my mods now
since i stuffed up a few times
and didnt know how to load backups properly
you can see my header and footer at its the fortress banner and norths pool banner as the footer
www.auspool.net if you want

TrueSatan

Thanks auspool...it's good of you to make that available.

tonzi

im having a forum error. anyone?

8: Undefined index: globalhf_title
File: /home/nothingb/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2789

kosher_travel

This is a simple but very good Mod. I tried for months to integrate my SMF forum into my site and this is the BEST and MOST SIMPLE solution. You don't have to edit any PHP.

However, can somebody please help me. I wanted my header to be completely on top. See enclosed pic. The header is simple HTML and it is in the red border. I want it all the way on top. Can I maybe doing with a simple edit to the index.template.php file?

My site...
http://www.koshertravelinfo.com

tonzi

TrueSatan

@ kosher_travel

You might be better asking in General English Support as your query doesn't appear to be related to this particular mod.

Advertisement: