Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Upload it to packages directory then install the mod using the package manager in the admin section of your forum.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

jrotem

WOw, thanks for the fast reply. I installed it but still am not seeing it in my admin ... is thre something else I might need to do? It's the first time I've installed a mod on SMF.

SantaClaws

You should see a button at the bottom saying Global Headers and Footers if your using a theme then you manually install if your using default you should see it.

dmav

Does the mod support JavaScript?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

jrotem

I see. So clicking "install" didn't work b/c I am using a theme?

I tried to look up how to manually install ...  I have to go through the instructions on the SMF site about installing .. parsing ... ?

Thanks anyway and I appreciate the replies. ... all i wanted to do was change the header link but i think I'll learn how to live without it, LOL!

The Saviour

The only thing preventing this mod from being labeled "totally awesome", is the ability to control which pages you'd like the global headers and footers applied to.

They're also applied to PMs and other pages...where they're not needed.

Something worth considering:  The ability to specify locations where this mod is disabled.

Thanks, for this...

dmav

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 25, 2008, 09:16:56 PM
Yes it does.

I don't understand, the mod support JavaScript. Srry my English.

shuswapbc

Hi there,

I have installed the mod and everything seemed good, no errors. I went into the header/footer field in admin and entered a image URL as I want to set this as a permanent header. But it doesn't seem to do anything, I click save and nothing appears to happen, even when I reopen the page.

How should my code be set up to tell the system to display a image I have uploaded as the global header?

YOur help is greatly appreciated:)

Jeromy

www.shuswapbc-forum.ca

Zykev2

ok i installed this and everything to my packages and it was successful but when i look in the admin CP all what happened was there was a big gap where the headers and footers were supposed to go.... (if you need pic i will take one)

any help?

vbgamer45

Check admin Server Settings ->
Check language to make sure it is set to english and not english utf8

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Zykev2

Thanks so much dude  ;D you rock

Burke ♞ Knight

I have the default theme, and Enterprise on my forum.
Is there a way to get separate headers and footers for each?
I need to add something to the Enterprise theme, yet not to the default theme.

vbgamer45

That would require custom code and is not part of this mod.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Burke ♞ Knight

The mod is headers and footers, I think it would be hard, but making it so there would be separate codes people could add to the other themes would be nice. Just a suggestion. :)

DjProgressive

I installed it without any problems.
But when I insert my adbrite code to footer,
its puts 2 banners @ footer
How to solve this
same on header when I insert code it makes 2 banners on footer and header.

Troja

Hello. The Global Mod works. But under Home. And not under Administration I click on Admin and then on Global and headers, then he goes to Home. Where's the problem?
*gegrübelt: Wenn Chinesen auf Hochzeiten Reis werfen, werfen Mexikaner dann Kakteen?
*nachgedacht: Wenn es heute 0 Grad hat und morgen doppelt so kalt werden soll, wie kalt wird es morgen ?

DjProgressive

any help for my question
Everything is fine but when add my adbrite code it puts 2 banners on header and footer
how to solve this ?

vbgamer45

Fix i think subs.php mod probably installed twice

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Troja

Sorry for my Englisch.
This is my Problem "Global Headers and Footers". I have SMF 1.1.5.
The mod is under Admin CP => Configuration => Global Headers and Footers.
But klick on the Global Headers and Footers in Admin CP, the Admin Button is the Home Button.
I have new install SMF Forum 2x. I can not find the Problem
*gegrübelt: Wenn Chinesen auf Hochzeiten Reis werfen, werfen Mexikaner dann Kakteen?
*nachgedacht: Wenn es heute 0 Grad hat und morgen doppelt so kalt werden soll, wie kalt wird es morgen ?

Advertisement: