News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre™

grrr  lol :P

Check that the code inserted into your  /Sources/Subs.php  are correct.
Then check the code added to the  /index.php.
Be sure to check your templates carefully for the changes.

It also helps if you mention what version of smf youre running, as they are slightly different, and what mods you have installed.

Always remember to backup your forum and/or files before altering them.

If you have forgotten to backup your files before adding this modification, smf does a little auto backup before a mod is added.
You will find that inside your  packages/backup  folder.
NEVER rely solely on that!

Good luck :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

DareDevil1990

ok i checked what u said ...still got the same error....i have smf 1.1.5 installed

And i have the following mods isntalled
1.  Googlebot & Spiders Mod  2.0.3  [ Uninstall ]
2. Auto Embed Video Clips 2.0 [ Uninstall ]
3. MCLegendII 1.1 [ Uninstall ]
4. Users Online Today Mod 1.4.0 [ Uninstall ]
5. View Only Boards 1.2 [ Uninstall ]
6. nneonneo's AJAX ShoutBox 1.15 [ Uninstall ]
7. EmailValidator 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
8. Admin Notepad 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
9. Enhanced Profile 1.1.5 [ Uninstall ]
10. Global Headers Footers 1.4.1 [ Uninstall ]
11. Force Topic Read On Login Mod 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
12. Rapidshare Link Checker 0.9.3 [ Uninstall ]
13. AJAX Instant Quick Reply 1.0.1 [ Uninstall ]
14. Welcome Topic Mod 1.0

DareDevil1990

dbm

how to insert image ? for example this to be in center...

http://i33.tinypic.com/nxuyp3.jpg [nofollow]
Devbin [nofollow]  - Serbian Development (If this is not allowed, please delete it)

vbgamer45

You would use html code to insert the image.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

DareDevil1990

why the hell is no one answering my question ....

Sabre™

Uninstall the Mod... completely.
If the issue continues without this mod, then it isnt this mod!!
Noone is obliged to help anyone here. None of us get paid, and help when we have time, or an idea of the problem.
Those that appreciate the help, are offered assistance often.
Those that demand it, are left swinging.
With thousands of people asking for assistance per day, do you think your "grrrrr"  and  "why the hell"  statements are gonna help your cause?
Relax mate. It is a busy time of the year, most have other priorities, and will look here when time permits.
So try deleting the mod and its edits, if noone has gotten back to you.
Then if all is ok, try and install it again.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Rasyr

Couple of issues.....

1) I don't like where it shows up. How would I change it so that it appears in the area where the site name is supposed to show up (actually, I want it to fill that whole area and be where the SMF logo is as well).

2) How do I get javascript to work in this as well (want mouseover effect on images..)

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

machmanx

And I'll be the first to point out a bug in the SMF 2.x version  :P  O:)

This is the link to the config page of this mod:-
(URL of site)?action=admin;area=globalhf;sesc=a768a86214ed7ea64b4b9b9a5f2bc18a;sa=globalhf_view;sesc=a768a86214ed7ea64b4b9b9a5f2bc18a

Now, in the drop-down menu, this is the link the button has stored:-
(URL of site)?action=admin;area=globalhlf;sesc=a768a86214ed7ea64b4b9b9a5f2bc18a;sa=globalhf_view;sesc=a768a86214ed7ea64b4b9b9a5f2bc18a

You can see you added an extra "l", which causes the redirection to fail and send you back to the main admin page.  So please fix that (which file must I modify to fix that?)

Oh yeah, also in the drop-down menu, every button has a pic, your mod does not.  Not a big issue, but it would look better if it had one, or I can add one myself, if you tell me how :)

BTW, thank you for this mod; it's been very helpful :D

vbgamer45

Quote from: machmanx on September 25, 2008, 03:53:20 PM
And I'll be the first to point out a bug in the SMF 2.x version  :P  O:)

This is the link to the config page of this mod:-
(URL of site)?action=admin;area=globalhf;sesc=a768a86214ed7ea64b4b9b9a5f2bc18a;sa=globalhf_view;sesc=a768a86214ed7ea64b4b9b9a5f2bc18a

Now, in the drop-down menu, this is the link the button has stored:-
(URL of site)?action=admin;area=globalhlf;sesc=a768a86214ed7ea64b4b9b9a5f2bc18a;sa=globalhf_view;sesc=a768a86214ed7ea64b4b9b9a5f2bc18a

You can see you added an extra "l", which causes the redirection to fail and send you back to the main admin page.  So please fix that (which file must I modify to fix that?)

Oh yeah, also in the drop-down menu, every button has a pic, your mod does not.  Not a big issue, but it would look better if it had one, or I can add one myself, if you tell me how :)

BTW, thank you for this mod; it's been very helpful :D

Fixes those bugs except for the image since I do not have one.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

aZa

awesome mod! works on all the themes! i have one problem the using adsense the header shows two adverts ! while the code is inserted only once

using 1.1.6

machmanx

Then use a smiley, lol :)  Anything is better than a question mark, which shifts the menu a bit upwards.

W. Riker

I put Google AdSense code in header and really it works. I just wonder what should I do that the google ads show in center and not on the right side of header.

Any help is welcome! :)

vbgamer45

Just use the html <center></center> tag around the code xD

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

W. Riker

stingerman

Any chance of making one that changes the main header?  (where the default message board name and logo is - I think its two rows or tables)?  When I go to add my own image, the default logo is next to it.  Trying to figure out how to get rid of that. 

Great mod! 

Xaneth

This seems to be a good mod, but all I'm trying to do is integrate my board with my website, as I've done here:

http://www.edgeoffate.com/community

This is an older theme, however, that I put together in 1.1.x using Unknown's guide to simply include the header.php file (not using footer.php, but it's part of the same tutorial).

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=19638.0

This does not like to work on 2.x, however.  This mod is great but does not produce the results I need, the header needs to not only be above the entire forum, but needs to be able to replace the background, etc.  Nice idea though.  Anybody have a clue on a tutorial for using a header.php file, or layers to accomplish integration with 2.x?

Xaneth

Not sure why I was having trouble, but got it sorted out using the method at:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=19638.0

Works great for fully integrating the forum into your website.  Pretty sure it was because I was using Firefox at home without the web developer tools, which disable cached settings like I have on my other computer :)

thatp1g

Quote from: aZa on September 26, 2008, 04:31:41 AM
awesome mod! works on all the themes! i have one problem the using adsense the header shows two adverts ! while the code is inserted only once

using 1.1.6

Me too.

Everything i put in the header shows up twice.  Very annoying.

Anyone solved that problem?

Advertisement: