News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Childproof

Hi,

I'm trying to get this mod to work, it has seemed to install just fine.  But I can;t for the life of me find the area that is was supposed to create.  I'm using 1.1.6, and a theme called blues..... 

Any help would be great. 

Thanks in advance

vbgamer45

It is supposed to create a link in the Admin Menu called Global Headers and footers.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Childproof

Is it under Admin center? or another sub cat?  perhaps it did not install correctly?

vbgamer45

Switch your account to the default theme and see if you can see the link under Configuration in the admin section
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Childproof

Nope, unless I'm just plain blind, it's not in the list to the left, what I would call the admin map. 

Childproof

I just deleted it and reinstalled it to no avail.  Could it be it just doesn't work with my theme?  But it also didn't show up under default...... :(

vbgamer45

Are you able to install other mods if not it sounds like a permission issue unable to edit the files.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Childproof

I haven't really tried any other mods, but I will tonight.  If it is a permision issue, can I turn it "on"? 

Thanks for taking the time to help me out, I'm trying to get a HTML header on all pages and this seems like the best way.....

Thanks again

nanitoz

you should create a TEMP folder inside Packages one (packages/temp) and put chmod 777 to it...also i recommend you to download the "Load Standard Language Mod" in case u are using another english language...or other...

PD.- im having a problem i dont know how to put my header above all the forum...i mean like a normal Header...no like this mod do...it puts under the Login header... ???

tjmaxwell

hxxp:www.nflchoice.com/forum/ [nonactive]

I think I'm having a similar issue with others here.  I want my header to be the "outer shell" of the forum.  I don't want my header to show up after the login details.  Can someone please tell me how to integrate the forum with my design?  I'm using 1.1.6.

Thanks in advance.

BCK

i have installed this with no prob at all on one forum..now put on another it shows intalled successfully etc..but in acp no show of the header/footer to click on etc to do them...???in config..is there something im forgetting to apply it???i thought last time after install it was just there???thx in advance
theme...live city if that makes a difference

vbgamer45

Server Settings -> Check the language make sure it is set to English and not english utf8

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

BCK

BCK

just tried.didnt work??hmmmm..any other ideas.it worked so sweet at my other site..both smf..different themes though?iv installed...uninstalled..deleted and re installed etc.same...doesnt show???hoping if it eventually takes wont be duplicates etc??

BCK

sounds like my prob might be same as childproof's...just doesnt show in acp..and i have installed other mods...like pm popup???

Burke ♞ Knight

Have you tried to switch to the default theme and see if it shows up there?

BCK

i have it on another theme...and hoping to put on this theme also...but will try see if works....thx..but any ideas why wont show on my theme???

Burke ♞ Knight

vbgamer45

It should work on on all themes but it depends on each theme where it is installed ie it may appear after the menu or before.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

BCK

its not showing up at all in acp end..so cant use it to see if it shows on actual site????and i put it on another smf site with theme  and it works like a charm...weird

Advertisement: