News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Well, i am running 1.1.7, the thing is. i have nneon shoutbox installed, it is added over this header. But i want it actually under and same with everything else which i add over in that space. As in i tried moving the shoutbox code around but really didnt get things right.. I would have done the same with this mod if it was the modification in index.template.php but it is in subs.php.. so any idea how shall i do it and where to move it ?

topthumb

I tried to install using package manager and it says the file is either corrupt or not compatible with my version which is 1.1.7

Is it compatible with 1.1.7 or is the file corrupt

naijaweb

help i installed this mod in my smf forum 1.15 but it gave me an error message which made me uninstall and later install again. but this mod is given me error on 2747
All you need to know about nigeria visit http://informationnigeria.blogspot.com

dewdrinker19

Hey everybody,

I have read through a lot of this thread and was just wondering if anybody has found a solution to the global head going "under" the SMF header?

This is what I am talking about:

http://test.originald.com/smf

SMF 2.0 B4

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

anyone help out please... really need to get things right..

Afro

I want to use this mod to replace the recent post window. I want to use it to bring hot topics to the front page instead of every recent posts. I have succeded in wrapping a code around the topics to bring to the frontpage. What remains now is that i want the global footers to appear on top, before the users online window.

i also want to know if there is a possibility of it appearing only on the homepage

The Saviour

Okay...

I'm trying to use a DHTML (javascript) menu for the Global Header...

I manually installed this mod...everything seems to be fine.  Using SMF 1.1.7 and latest version of this mod.

Put the script in the header boxed...saved it...no header.

Any suggestions?

The Saviour

SMF Arcade breaks this mod...

See my arcade at:  http://www.saviourpc.com/forums/index.php?action=arcade

Headers not showing where they should...any fix for this?

The Saviour

This mod breaks more pages than Carter has pills...uninstalling...and very dissatisfied.

Moving on...

ReptiGuy

I recently had to manually edit one of the files of my forum and something went wrong and my forum crash but right before I edited the file I got a back-up of my forum and I restored it and everything seemed back to normal but when I went to edit the header it said that it couldn't find the smfheader file.

How do I fix this?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

1. Execute Modification globalhf.xml Modification parse error
2. Execute Modification globalhf.xml Modification parse error

I get those errors while installing, so i suppose a manual install is what i have to do ?

version 2.0 beta 4

jeanine

I am new here and just published my forums. Ive been all over the place with every other mod and then I found yours. Its PERFECT! Just what I needed. I even made a navigation menu out of it..beautiful work! Thanks so much!!

HR

Quote from: dewdrinker19 on November 17, 2008, 05:57:33 AM
Hey everybody,

I have read through a lot of this thread and was just wondering if anybody has found a solution to the global head going "under" the SMF header?

This is what I am talking about:

http://test.originald.com/smf

SMF 2.0 B4
Also looking for this information (specific edit would be wonderful).

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

dewdrinker19

The only solution I had was to get a friend to help me edit the actual SMF theme.  It took a while but he got it just perfect!

limsteven25

hi, if i want to make the header and footers banner only for members, what is the html code? i want to make it that guests will not be able to view the banner, only registered member able to. pls help thanks

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: limsteven25 on December 14, 2008, 10:58:28 PM
hi, if i want to make the header and footers banner only for members, what is the html code? i want to make it that guests will not be able to view the banner, only registered member able to. pls help thanks

Go to Permissions.
Edit Permissions for Guests.
Make sure that the box for Enable Ads is not checked.

baijianpeng

Today I tested this Mod on SMF v1.1.7. It can add some HTML code to the upper position on all pages, but NOT the upper most Top.

I hope this Mod can add those HTML code to the Very Beginning of the page, I mean, the most Top position, at the same time, allow us to insert some CSS link code to Head part of the theme/template HTML code. Then, we can copy some Header code to this Mod and make the forum has a Header same with other pages in the website.

If you don't understand what I am saying, please allow me to explain:

For example, I installed Joomla CMS to manage the whole website, installed SMF as a forum. But the Joomla template is different to SMF theme. The worse is, SMF don't have the top Navigation menus of Joomla. If we can EASILY insert the Header code of Joomla to the SMF theme, then , we will transplant the Joomla Top Navigation to SMF, and get universal layout on the whole website.

Thanks.
JoomlaGate: The way to the World of Joomla!

http://www.joomlagate.com

Michael24

I installed this and it does not work or show up in the admin panel in either my 3rd party theme or SMF default theme.   I'm running 1.1.7 and followed all the manual install instructions, modifed the files and zilch, nada, what a let down and a waste of time.

Quote from: BCK on November 08, 2008, 08:59:00 AM
its not showing up at all in acp end..so cant use it to see if it shows on actual site????and i put it on another smf site with theme  and it works like a charm...weird

Burke ♞ Knight

Are you sure your language is set at English and not English-UTF8?

NHWD

Quote from: BurkeKnight on December 19, 2008, 05:54:41 PM
Are you sure your language is set at English and not English-UTF8?
how can u change the language?

Advertisement: