News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirsten07734

Installed fine on my 1.1 test forum, and runs fine.

A request....
It would be nice to be able to use BBC in the headers and footers for formatting.  Specifically, I tried to center my copywrite statement at the bottom, but BBC wasn't recognized.

I really appreciate your work on this mod.  I've wanted for a long time to add my own copywrite statement at the bottom which was only available in some themes. 

howlerckc

Quote from: Kirsten07734 on December 12, 2006, 01:58:09 AM
Installed fine on my 1.1 test forum, and runs fine.

A request....
It would be nice to be able to use BBC in the headers and footers for formatting.  Specifically, I tried to center my copywrite statement at the bottom, but BBC wasn't recognized.

I really appreciate your work on this mod.  I've wanted for a long time to add my own copywrite statement at the bottom which was only available in some themes. 

You can use html <center></center> to center what you want.

Kirsten07734

You can use html <center></center> to center what you want.

Doh!  Thanks for reminding me.  I have no idea why I had it in my head it had to be bbc, mod overload I suppose (I'm a kid in a candy store).  But yes, you are right and it works perfectly.  Thanks.

Great mod.

Spike2

I cant uninstall the mod :S

Help me!

KGIII

The link is in my signature.

Err... Header is at the top and footer is at the bottom. This isn't either.

Anyone got any good ideas?

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

vbgamer45

What's the error? It sort of depends on the theme. It adds code  after the template_above function is code and before template_footer function is called.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

KGIII

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 15, 2006, 02:56:50 PM
What's the error? It sort of depends on the theme. It adds code  after the template_above function is code and before template_footer function is called.

Oh no error really other than it isn't at the very top which is where a "header" would normally be. I've still found a use for it I suppose though if there's a way to get it to actually go to the top it would be better I guess.

The link in my signature shows the site in question. It is called "My Mess" at this point as I'm not entirely sure where it will go. It is where the news fader would normally be on the default theme and is indeed just using the default theme.

The footer follows suit. It isn't at the end of the page but, rather, is above the copyright information. That works just fine though. I'll find something to put there. ;)

I would, however, like to know if there is an easy way to get the header up to the absolute top that you're aware of?

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

Dirtrocker

The mod says it installed fine on 1.1, but when I had it on 1.1 RC3, there was a link on the administration menu to the global header and footers.
On the install of 1.1, when I installed the mod, there is no link on the admin menu.
Any ideas?
Where did it put the link to manage it?

bugpage

Where do I upload this Mod to?  What directory or path?

vbgamer45

To the packages folder of your SMF Forum then you go to the package manager to install it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

bugpage

Got it installed through the package area.  no menu shows up on the left side to click on in the  "Configuration" area.  I'm running SMF version 1.1.1

vbgamer45

Are you running on another language?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

bugpage

vbgamer45

Check if you can access http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?action=globalhf

If you can't access that page then the mod is not installed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

bugpage

That just pulls up our index page/ home page

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

bugpage

Should I uninstall then reinstall?

bugpage

Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php         Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./index.php                 Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php           Test successful
4. Extract File ./Sources/globalhf.php 
5. Extract File ./Themes/default/globalhf.template.php 
6. Extract File ./smfheader.php 
7. Extract File ./smffooter.php

Looks like all the files are not installing properly in the package manager

vbgamer45

I would check the permissions on the files to see it is allowed to edit and add files.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

bugpage

This is to stressfull before the holidays..LOL  I have all permissions set to write.  Still no luck. bummer

Advertisement: