Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perplexed

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 28, 2007, 11:23:33 AM
Global header and footer appears after template_above and before template_below functions in a theme.

so in the default template that is where exactly?   below the navigation bar and the start of the boards and at the bottom, after t he copyright info and xhtml /css/wai/sitemap links?
(sorry just a guess, dont know much about templates)

vbgamer45

after the menu and navigation and before the copyright links
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

perplexed

ah ok, gotta thanks

and it can be as big as you want it to be?  and can you have a footer and not a header or you have to have both on?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

sparky33

www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

caryb

babjusi

babjusi

I read that some people above had problems when inserting the HTML code, they couldn''t change it. Is that fixed? Thank u

P.s. Is there a difference betwwen this mod and the add_mod?

babjusi

Quote from: perplexed on February 07, 2007, 07:59:08 AM
the add_mod?  

yeas, the ad_mod. It works with both HTML and PHP. I just wanted to know what''s the difference between these 2 mods

perplexed

You mean the ad mgmt mod?  I was just talking about this with someone else as I use it, so some clarification or list of differences would be good  

sparky33

Quote from: babjusi on February 06, 2007, 11:30:28 PM
I read that some people above had problems when inserting the HTML code, they couldn''t change it. Is that fixed? Thank u

Ad management is totally different, and has it's own CP, you can choose where the ads go and even individual boards, global headers and footers just exactly that, i only use the footer myself to add my counter.

Take a look at my site for an example of ad management www.coupe-club.org.uk/smf
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

babjusi

Quote from: sparky33 on February 08, 2007, 12:54:25 PM
Quote from: babjusi on February 06, 2007, 11:30:28 PM

Ad management is totally different, and has it's own CP, you can choose where the ads go and even individual boards, global headers and footers just exactly that, i only use the footer myself to add my counter.

Take a look at my site for an example of ad management www.coupe-club.org.uk/smf

I saw it, it looked nice. So with this global headers and footers mod, u can place ads as well in your forum then,? Just copy/paste the HTML Code, right? The thing is, later on, could you take out the ads from your site? Cause, I read above that someone said that when u place the add you won''t be able to get rid of it later, or did I get it wrong? Thanks

sparky33

I wouldn't use global headers and footers for ads, but yes, you can remove it any time you want.

See where my banner ads are on my board index? That is where the header goes, and it's always there, on every page, and you can't change it, where my counter is, is where the footer goes, and again, it's fixed.

For ads use the ad management mod.
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

babjusi

Quote from: sparky33 on February 08, 2007, 10:25:03 PM
I wouldn't use global headers and footers for ads, but yes, you can remove it any time you want.

See where my banner ads are on my board index? That is where the header goes, and it's always there, on every page, and you can't change it, where my counter is, is where the footer goes, and again, it's fixed.

For ads use the ad management mod.

Yeah, that''s what I am using, the ad management mod, but thought to give this a try as it works with all themes, whereas the ad management mod works only with the default theme and I ain''t so good in that techinical stuff, to make it work with other themes.

sparky33

If you follow the guide it's easy to modify the files needed, will take you about half an hr tops, maybe even only 10 min's
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

babjusi

Quote from: sparky33 on February 08, 2007, 10:50:37 PM
If you follow the guide it's easy to modify the files needed, will take you about half an hr tops, maybe even only 10 min's

Yeah, I know that it ain''t that difficult, but the thing is, I tried once before to modify something similiar and ended up messing up my whole forum and now I kind of got a phobia about these things. So I try to stay as far away as possible from this techinical stuff

Advertisement: