News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Password rejected first time

Started by Hula, August 03, 2006, 06:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbrown

Quote from: Kindred on August 04, 2006, 03:06:50 AM
As Orstio indicated, the solution is to conditional-out the header information in your ***SMF*** themes.

I've verified that I have no additional header information (other than <title></title>)...can't figure that one out...in my page sources. This is just baffling me.
Please do not PM me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses by contacting someone who has a clue. Thank you.

Orstio

Go to your wrapped forum.

Open the page source.

Look for the <head> tag.  Now scroll down and find another <head> tag somewhere AFTER the <body> tag.

That is what we are talking about.

dbrown

Viewing my wrapped forum, I have only 1 <head> tag in my page source.
Please do not PM me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses by contacting someone who has a clue. Thank you.

Orstio

Can you check to make sure that sha1.js exists in your Themes/default folder, and has the proper file size?

dbrown

sha1.js exists, and has a file size of 5.26k...Does that sound correct?

dbrown

Wondering if I should just do a fresh install of SMF...Not opposed to trying it if anyone thinks it would help. I'm lost at this point.

Orstio

dbrown

Mainly IE. Funny you asked because I just noticed that it seems to happen every time in firefox, but is more intermittent in IE. I hate these problems that don't have a clear cut answer!!! Give me my eggs scrambled, and my problems simple :)

I hope there's a way to get it resolved, thanks for checking it out.

Orstio

The problem is with the javascript.  IE and Firefox do not handle javascript in the same way.  Check your browser settings relating to javascript.

dbrown

Well, I tried everything with the javascript monitor window open in Firefox, and found that there was an error parsing a declaration in my .css. I fixed it, and then found that I had no errors showing up. Still having the problem though. This is nuts. Should I try replacing the sha1.js file?

Orstio

Sure.  Make sure it is uploaded in ASCII, not in binary.

dbrown

No such luck. In Firefox, it happens every time, if I clear the cache/cookies, restart the browser. After the first failed attempt, you can log in, logout, and log another user in with no problem. IE is just all wacky - no rhyme or reason to it. Fresh out of ideas.

Which brings me to a previous question, is it possible to be free from any java requirements when submitting the password? Not asking you to rewrite anything, just maybe some ideas for a hack?

Thanks much.

Orstio

No.  This is coded into SMF, it is not just a part of the bridge.

dbrown

Dang. I'm starting to wonder if there's a problem with the way I have the login module itself integrated into my site. In the admin section for the module, it shows: Login message, and Logout message. It says that enabling them will provide a JS popup window. This does not work for me. Could this all be part of the same problem?

Orstio

No, those are still artefacts from the original module.  I need to go in and clean those up.  :-\

dbrown

Hey, something I noticed. My itemid for my forums from my Joomla homepage is 115, but in my page source, I found:

var smf_scripturl = "http://www.cvhspreps.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=114&";

Problem?

Orstio

Not really.  It just means that you have two bridge menu items.  You most likely tried to uninstall and reinstall at some point.

dbrown

Thanks.

Well, at this point, I'm willing to pay someone to fix this. Yeah, it's not a major issue, but I'm a perfectionist, and it should work. Anyone interested, PM me. Thanks.

fireguy

This is the same problem that has been happening to me! My error log is full of incorrect password entries, and at first I thought I was just entering my password wrong all the time. I have made sure that my source does not have any duplicate tags (<head>, <body>, etc.) and I continue to have this problem. Is there anything else that could cause this?

Orstio

Advertisement: