News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Password rejected first time

Started by Hula, August 03, 2006, 06:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguy

Nevermind. I looked at my source while the forum was open, and found the extra tags. Working now.

dbrown

Man, it looks like everybody with this issue can fix it by removing duplicate tags. Unless I'm completely blind, I don't have any duplicate tags, and this issue still plagues me. Losing my mind over here  >:(
Please do not PM me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses by contacting someone who has a clue. Thank you.

dbrown

Well color me stupid. I didn't have any duplicate tags, but I did finally see that my <body> tag was actually <body >...notice the trailing space. (shakes head). It was because I have a php declaration in the body tag for my google maps component, and it was causing the space.

Fixed it, and now all is well with the universe.
Please do not PM me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses by contacting someone who has a clue. Thank you.

Orstio

Quote from: dbrown on August 07, 2006, 08:04:35 PM
Well color me stupid. I didn't have any duplicate tags, but I did finally see that my <body> tag was actually <body >...notice the trailing space. (shakes head). It was because I have a php declaration in the body tag for my google maps component, and it was causing the space.

Fixed it, and now all is well with the universe.

Amazing.  I would never have guessed that.  Thanks for sharing the solution.  It may come in handy again. :)

It would have been better had you actually left your copyright visible, though.  >:(

dbrown

Quote from: Orstio on August 07, 2006, 08:20:12 PM
It would have been better had you actually left your copyright visible, though.  >:(
I have no quams leaving the copyright in place, it's tiny, and it's out of the way. I do however want my BRIDGED site to look its best. I think I mentioned it before, but once again, I used to have a dark background before I added the bridge, My copyright showed up white. When I changed layouts templates, I didn't change the copyright class. It was my bad, and I fixed it. After DAYS of trying to get my site to look good, changing countless copies of templates, css files, etc. I ended back up with that copy of style.css because it looked best, and you happened to notice it again. I know it sounds coincidental, but like I said....no problems with the copyright being visible, it was just the last thing on my mind.

I think you all do a great job.

Mongoose

Unfortunately I have right <body> tag, but I also have a lot of "Incorrect password" errors in forum logs. And many new users have complained me they can`t login after the registration/authorisation...
Joomla 1.0.10
SMF 1.1 RC2-1 (unwrapped)
Bridge 1.0.5 with patches
http://operafan.net

Orstio

Have you tried with a different browser?

Mongoose

Especially for me I use Opera (and majority of users also). I have no problems with login. But some users have. I see it in logs. I asked users many times what they had been doing, but with no success to understand the reason. Basically these users enters forum after several (1 to 4) attempts.
I suspect the reason is some cookie issues and maybe it depends of some timings (cookie life period etc.)

Orstio

It will depend mainly on whether they have javascript enabled.

Mongoose

Advertisement: