News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Menu tabs

Started by Acans, September 08, 2010, 01:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acans

Hi all.

I'm working on a easy tip and trick, however its not so easy for me :p

I'm trying to add tabs to the menu that require the feature to be enabled first, however I cannot seem to get it to work.

I've been trying this, but with no luck.

'reports' => array(
'enabled' => in_array('rg', $context['admin_features']),
'title' => $txt['generate_reports'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=reports',
'show' => allowedTo('admin_forum'),
),
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

IchBin™

You would put your check in the 'show' => allowedTo('admin_forum'), section. You can put multiple checks in it.

'show' => allowedTo('admin_forum') && in_array('rg', $context['admin_features']),

As long as it returns true or false I think.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Acans

I thought that was only permissions, because i've setup some tabs like that too.

I'll try it this afternoon.

I'm currently at school.
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Acans

Doesn't work.

What I'm trying to do is if reports isn't enabled in core features, than not show the tab.

IchBin™

Well how are you checking to see if it's enabled? Need to see what code you're trying if you want help.

Acans

in_array('rg', $context['admin_features']),

Thats the code in admin.php and i was hoping it would work in subs.php

If its going to be to much an issue don't worry. I made a lazy admin menu, well, cause I'm lazy, and i thought it might be nice to share it.

IchBin™

Post your code. I have just tested this myself and it works just fine.

'mybutton' => array(
    'title' => 'Test',
    'href' => 'http://www.ichbin.us',
    'show' => in_array('ml', $context['admin_features']),
    'sub_buttons' => array(),
    'is_last' => true,
),

This is assuming that your 'rg' is actually in the $context['admin_features'] array. Have you checked that?

print_r($context['admin_features'])

Acans

if you mean in the:

// Set up the menu privileges.

For $context['admin_feautres']) Than no, its not.

IchBin™

What I'm saying, is that you are checking for in_array('rg', $context['admin_features'])

Does rg exist in the $context['admin_features'] array ? Have you checked? You can see by doing a print_r() like I showed you above. That is why I used 'ml' because I knew it was in the array.

Advertisement: