Invision Power Board 2.1.3 -> SMF, hello?

Started by dreamwraith, August 06, 2006, 07:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catchmeonline

青山 素子

Well, check out the 2.1.4 thread. Right now I don't have any major sample data to use as an adjustment for 2.1.4 (as the code in posts changed yet again). You are welcome to send me a db dump from 2.1.4 so I can finish that conversion up. Please pm a location, don't post directly in this public thread.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

catchmeonline

yeah i kinda got that one under wraps ;) lol. I also just realised something. i may not have 2.1.4 db updates. i may still be running 2.1.3 but useing the 2.1.4 files.. not sure if i did the upgrade to 2.1.4 or just updated the files themselve. will get back to tyou  on this.. in the process of conversion atm. ;) god i hope this works. i love smf. i have used almost every forums script that has ANYTHING to offer. and SMF makes my blood flow :D i just hate the thought of ONCE AGAIN having my members re register. lmao. wish me luck

青山 素子

It will be fine. The scripts don't erase existing data, so if it doesn't quite work, it can be fixed and you can convert again.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

catchmeonline

as a safety i simply created another DB, copied the current 2.1.4 DB to the duplicat DB. will use that DB as my conversion db. hope that will work.

My members will lynch me if i screw the site up again. :D

青山 素子

Remember to make a new copy once you are done with testing, or they'll hurt you for losing posts.
Motoko-chan

Advertisement: