I have a problem whith Group Permissions!!

Started by Alb, May 03, 2004, 11:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alb

Hi,

I am tried to many times to find whats goin on - i have do the special permissions for Global Moderator, after - nothing have change - thats mean the global moderator group, have not more than the ungrouped member!!!! For example: When I have done the permissions, u will see that, permissions is done - also u have seen that: 50 Allowed, 13 Denied. In fact, thats doesnt take any effect in the board, except can see the administrate board, thats all whats take an effect!

Plz need help!

Thanks, :)

nave

which permissions are you denying? that may be the problem. its best in most cases to just leave things blank instead of denying them, for the most part.

Alb

No, i want this group (Glob Moderator) to moderate all the board, that means the Allowed permissions doesnt take effect!!

David

Denied always overpowers Allowed.  So if you Deny this permission in one of the groups a global moderater member is in, it will be denied in the end.
This space for rent.

Daniel D.

The "Global Moderator" group should overpower the post based group. Otherwise it makes no sense. But that's the same as the Board permission page I mentioned few weeks ago. The post based groups have too much power. Why should I create special groups if they have less power?

Or should I make the permissions "blank"?

Alb

Sorry missundertanding!

Nobody in group global moderator have a denied about something. All the group have Allowed status to moderate all the board. I am so confuse why didnt take effect in the board?!

David

Quote from: Daniel D. on May 03, 2004, 12:16:41 PM
The "Global Moderator" group should overpower the post based group. Otherwise it makes no sense. But that's the same as the Board permission page I mentioned few weeks ago. The post based groups have too much power. Why should I create special groups if they have less power?

Or should I make the permissions "blank"?
I still believe the post based group should be weighted the lowest.  Main group, then secondary groups, and then post groups when looking at permissions.  If it is denied in post based and allowed in main group then it is allowed.  Denied in post, blank in secondary, and blank in main then it is denied.  I still can't understand how it being denied in post group, allowed in secondary, and then allowed in main still results in it being denied.  Seems like in the end it makes this more difficult than it needs to be and is not intuitive to most people.  Then again, I've argued this point as much as I can.  If you want it changed, please give us feedback about it and how you propose it should work.
This space for rent.

Alb

I need help!!   :(

I cant get access for special group!! In the manage board seems everything okey, but thats doesnt get effect in the board!!!

[Unknown]

Just don't use deny permissions, Eni.  Don't use them at all.  You will have less problems that way.

-[Unknown]

Alb

Quote from: [Unknown] on May 03, 2004, 04:51:03 PM
Just don't use deny permissions, Eni.  Don't use them at all.  You will have less problems that way.

-[Unknown]

Am doing that right now! ;)  I hope will work!

Advertisement: