News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Connection Problems

Started by saadahmed007, August 07, 2006, 06:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saadahmed007

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
Hi! When I open my forum the error comes and say

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later

Aaron

Apparently SMF couldn't connect to your database. Are you able to access the database via PHPMyAdmin? If not, you should contact your host about this.

Arbalot

Quote from: redone on May 28, 2006, 09:54:30 AM
The connection problems is a warning that SMF cannot connect to your database. This could be because you don't have the correct information within your settings.php file. Or a possible indication that your host is having MySQL issues.

Generally though its because of incorrect information within the settings.php file. In future if you see this error use the tool below:

What is repair_settings.php?

minstrel

It may also mean ( as it does with my SMF forum) that your host limits the number of queries per hour to avoid DDoS attacks or bad scripts.

My limit is set to 50,000 per hour. With the number of active members I have, there is no way I should be hitting that limit. I have a feeling something is leaky in RC2... ???

saadahmed007

Actually sometimes the forum opens and sometimes not. I think may be limit of my host!

Advertisement: