Unable to post posts longer than a sentence???

Started by Jared867, August 07, 2006, 06:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared867

SMF Version: SMF 1.0.7
Hello all,

my forums have been working fine for months now but for some reason tonight I cant post any post if its longer than a few words. If its longer than a few words, once I hit preview or post I am instantly directed to a page with the message "The page cannot be displayed". It's driving me nuts and have no idea how to solve this. I ran board maintenance just a moment ago but that didnt help.

Here is my site: http://thebassholes.com/bassin-forums/index.php [nofollow]   you will need to join up to post or see the posts. sorry.

Please help me fix this problem as it is crippling my site bigtime.

Thank you, Jared

Oldiesmann

This sounds like an issue with mod_security. Try Having problems with mod_security? and see if that fixes the issue.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Ben_S

As oldies says. What are the sentances you are trying to post?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Jared867

this is the exact post I keep trying to post on my forums:

Well my Santee trip was pretty fun and was a complete adventure. I made a new first for myself this trip as well. I caught my first alligator. Yep you read it right! I caught an alligator.

Tim (tighe) and I were fishing an area on the lower lake called Black's Camp. We found acres and acres of lily pads and decided to fish them with some spro frogs to see what we could catch. As we moved and casted I saw a nice opening in the back of the pads. I chunked my frog towards it and watched as it glided through the air. As my frog plunked down my eyes were still on it and suddenly I caught a glimpse of a gator nose. Before I could react or speak the gator rocketed out of the pads and SLAMMED my frog.
"I dont believe it! I just caught a friggin gator!" were the words out of my mouth.
Tim had to hear a repeat of what I said for obvious reason. "A gator... a gator... I caught a friggin gator!" lol

Not wanting to lose my spro frog... they cost a good bit... I started to reel the gator in. He fought well, as one would expect. Surprisingly my 17lb AN40 line didn't get cut, but then agian, gators teeth are made to puncture and hold not to cut and slash. Fortunately the gator was only 3 feet long so getting it too the boat wasnt too hard. When I got him to the side of the boat I began to drop to  the deck to be able to kneel and grab him around the neck. As soon as I began moving to the deck he started to death roll, and twisted over and over along side the boat. As he did that my frog popped out of his mouth, no worse for the wear, and the gator fell back into the lake and after a brief pause to gain his berrings, he swam away.
I thought that was the coolest thing! A friggin gator! LOL!
I do have one regret though. As i reeled him in I was so amazed about what I had on the end of my line that I never thought to grab my camera so I didnt take any pictures of him! :(

However I did get a few pictures of his cousins who, after the gator swam away and we turned around, we realized were very close to us. At one point the biggest one was 10 foot from us but before I could get my camera out the wind drifted us further away and Tim insisted that I turn on the trolling motor and get us outta his range, which I reluctantly did lol

And the subject is "Gator fishin'???"

As you can see there is nothing that should be censored in there for any reason... atleast to my knowledge there isn't. A few days ago I could have easily made this post with no problems. I changed not a thing between then and now. As a matter of fact I was away on vacation the past week and I am the only admin on the board so there was no way at all for anything to be altered or changed on my end. I am at a loss and have no idea how to fix this. Please help

Ben_S

Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Jared867

Advertisement: