How do you get people to submit article

Started by RebelRose, August 08, 2006, 01:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelRose

How do you get people to submit articles, themes or anything that will add to the content of your forum. I am trying to build mine now, it is added to my main site, offering free resources. What is the best way to get articles, themes, anything web related?

TheGamer

Well, first I coded a cool script for the post template (with help from winrules... he rules! :P) anyhow, example: http://www.gamerunlimited.com/smf/index.php?action=post;board=85.0

See how at the bottom it says Source: and stuff? That helps guide users to posting a correct article.

Then I wrote a detailed guide, read about how the Source: thing works in the guide here: http://www.gamerunlimited.com/smf/index.php?topic=2356.0

THEN, I created a contest with the prize being 400 bucks worth of templates, plus 35 additional dollars via paypal. There's an ad for the contest in my signature.

RebelRose

I do thank you for your reply it has been insightful.

Isaac

Quote from: RebelRose on August 09, 2006, 01:39:50 PM
Yes well not all of us can code a script. Thanks for the reply
Yes well not all of us can have a successful forum.

One thing to do is offer incentives, such as money, or a link back to the persons website.

RebelRose

Quote from: Isaac on August 09, 2006, 09:43:19 PM
Yes well not all of us can have a successful forum.
One thing to do is offer incentives, such as money, or a link back to the persons website.

yes well a link back is a given in my way of thinking, and it is not just for my forum but for my main site as well, the forum is a support area for the main site.

TheGamer

Well, anyway... We're just listing ways to make people submit articles, as the subject of this thread states.

Incentives would be the best thing, money, prefferably. T-Shirts don't do too well. Years ago I had a contest on my site for  Gamer Unlimited t-shirt and a couple bucks. The winner said he'd "just take the two dollars".

RebelRose

ashwelljames

i have smf v1.0.7 and cant seem to get adwords or adsence into the forum . any tips please

RebelRose

TANDIONO.COM

It's depend on luck factor :P

Advertisement: