Alienation

Started by Bloc, August 08, 2006, 04:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

Link to the theme

Alienation is a dark theme with some heavyily inspired industrial elements. Complete with custom icons and html fields to insert your own html code. It has a sidepanel with user-details,search and stats + possible to hide away on a per-user-basis.

Graphics are free to use within the context of a SMF forum.

Demo site:
http://www.tinyportal.net/demo/index.php?demo=alienation

inbetwee

After install the theme i have a hole in the logo.
What is missing i have made a screenshot but can`t upload it.

Inbetwee

Joshsux

upload to www.imageshack.us save the pic as a jpeg first
If you can't hear it before you see it, then it ain't a harley

inbetwee

bloc

Strange..it should really just repeat the graphic there.

Joshsux

make sure all the files uploaded properly too.
If you can't hear it before you see it, then it ain't a harley

inbetwee

@Bloc any fix for this problem?

Inbetwee

bloc

Do you have a link by any chance? A screenshot doesn't help much, since it seems ok on my local test-site.

inbetwee

Quote from: Bloc on August 11, 2006, 04:43:16 AM
Do you have a link by any chance? A screenshot doesn't help much, since it seems ok on my local test-site.
Block the link is in the pm.
It seems that this theme not works whit Mkportal?
The Forum is to wide it use A scroll in 1024X768 and the theme at the test site don`t have a scroll.

Inbetwee

G6™

I think this theme only works with eather pure SMF 1.1rc2 or SMF 1.1rc2 and TP installed.

Nikita

I also had a small gap in the center after the logo... but i think it has got something to do with screen resolution... i dont get it in my low res home pc ...

I need some help or the direction to where i can find a solution... for using google ad mod with alienation....  i am no good in php or modyfying templates... just learnt some basics here... please help.... this theme is awesome... neither u get the techi feel nor you get the space feel totally... its a fusion between art and tech... though i am new at smf, i have seen enough themes and i am good with psd/imageready... it appealing enough even to a girl like me as also my friends....

hats off to bloc ....  :)

G6™

We have reported this issue to Bloc on TinyPortal, and he will have a look at it :)

starrbuck

I have this same issue.  Has there been a resolution?

starrbuck

Issue is moot now, as I have removed the middle and right logos and put a Google AdSense banner in its place.  Looks great!  :)

kat

Anyone else having problems getting Grudge's shoutbox to work, with this brilliant theme?

I get the box to shout in and the box, where the word "Shout" should be.

Actually shouting doesn't work, though.

Any ideas, or do you need more information?

kat

In case anyone else wonders, we got the shoutbox working by opening modifications.english.php in the alienation/langagues theme and copy the couple of txt lines, there are four that tend to look like this:

$txt['alien_pm']='* PM:';
$txt['alien_unread']='* Show unread posts';
$txt['alien_replies']='* Show replies';
$txt['alien_own']='* Show your posts';

Go to the default theme, and find modifications.english.php and add those four lines to the bottom, just before the "?>".

Then delete that file from the theme.

That'll fix it!

With thanks to Lisa at http://www.totaltwaddle.co.uk/board/index.php for sorting it, for me!

bloc

kat

3nd3r

Nice theme, but I've got this error (as I saw in error log) when a user clicks on 'balloons' to see new posts:

8: Undefined index: alien_own
Archivo: .../public_html/Themes/alienation11final/Display.template.php (eval?)
Línea: 247

8: Undefined index: alien_replies
Línea: 246

8: Undefined index: alien_unread
Línea: 245

8: Undefined index: alien_pm
Línea: 213

Also, got this one when clicked same baloon as admin:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND IFNULL(lt.ID_MSG, IFNULL(lmr.ID_MSG, 0)) < t.ID_LAST_MSG' at line 7
Archivo: .../public_html/Sources/Recent.php
Línea: 755

I think both are related... If they don't, tell me.

bloc

There are some language strings that Alienation theme uses for itself. Look in the Languages folder inside Alienation theme and copy any xxx.english.php to xxx.yourlanguage.php + translate of course.

The last error is not related. I am not sure what that can be.

Advertisement: