INNODB

Started by The One, May 01, 2004, 01:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The One

I just wanted to suggest using the INNODB as your database type. This would allow you to implement CASCADING operations in MySQL. and could facilitate easier writing of the forum code.
I hope this is the right place for this. and yeah I love the software  :)
The problem is choice

[Unknown]

The problem with just using innodb, or other database types (such as berkeley, etc.) is that they make server requirements heftier.

-[Unknown]

The One

From what I read in the docs about it I thought it was pretty good as it seemed to be well optimized for data storage.
And IMHO the ability to use those CASCADING operations should reduce the need for lots of code to check for consistency in the database.
what say you?
The problem is choice

David

The problem is that before MySQL 4, innodb support had to be compiled in seperatly.  As we wish to still support MySQL 3 users, requiring innodb would kill that.
This space for rent.

The One

No way that can be done optionally?
and I have a question related to attachements, they work for those whom I've enabled it, but it shows 2 input boxes for files when I post while I want to allow only 1 attachement per post. How do i do this?
BTW I'm using SMF 1.5 Beta.
The problem is choice

[Unknown]

Don't worry, that's going to change...

As far as InnoDB, I'm not sure that is possible. (making it "optional".)

-[Unknown]

The One

I just noticed that the IP address of members is being displayed only when I'm logged in as Admin, as a guest or ordinary member it shows the IP as "Logged" how do i change this to be shown for all users?
Also I added a user as a member as a global moderator but his posts show him as a Moderator not a Global Moderator. Is there something else I should do?
The problem is choice

The One

Should i have posted this soem where else?
The problem is choice

[Unknown]

You can change it in your template, please look for $message['member']['ip'] in Display.template.php.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: