Forum running very slow

Started by tpruessner, August 09, 2006, 08:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mshadders

I got problems too.
Quite often you have to click the links twice for them to react.
It's too laggy. Now I'm thinking of maybe changing to Yabb or another alternative. Such a shame.
hxxp:www.crosswellsinn.co.uk/board [nonactive]
Any ideas would be appreciated.

青山 素子

mshadders, are you sure it isn't your host? I can't connect to that site, nor even the host's (which looks to be Iomart).

tpruessner, that is often the case.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Nifelhein

I have a smf site in GoDaddy as well and i can say it must be them, for mine often takes a while to load as well, at least for me, I am not certain if the users are experiencing the same or not, gotta check that out. on the upside, it is far faster than it was when we used PbPBB2.

mshadders

I have changed the directory. seems slightly faster. Main problem is quite often I need to click the links twice because they get stuck looking for next page.

hxxp:www.crosswellsinn.co.uk/board/forum [nonactive]

Nifelhein

It opened on the first try for me...

MH-MINI

You shouldn't really be using GoDaddy for SMF. They oversell heavily -- Go with a proper host that doesn't oversell, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Jason

mshadders

I think the problem is cos the domain is on a slow windows server at easyspace, and it just doesnt seem to react well with php especiall after 5pm. The same website runs fine on my web host at ukhost4u.

Nifelhein

Well, I will be moving out of godaddy, their plans are not that good and cheap imo, and I am glad to pay a bit more for better service and customer support.

Advertisement: