News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AdWords

Started by TheGamer, August 10, 2006, 04:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGamer

I began Adwords 4 and a half hours ago, and my ad has already been displayed 2345 times, with 20 clicks so far. That's not a huge click-through rate, but it every bit helps! The best part is that so far I've only dished out one meazily dollar for 20 clicks. :)

I love AdWords! ;D

TheGamer

Trekkie101

Not bad! Well done!

Gary

Cheapskate. ;)

Why not send a little of that Adwords money our way hmmm? ;)

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

TheGamer

So far, so good I guess. :)

H

If Adwords has a similar TOS to adsense then you are violating the TOS by posting those screenshots and some of that info ;)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

TheGamer

I'm just spreading the AdWords joy. ;D

Ben_S

You will find it drops right down due to the way adwords works, new campaigns get a higher weight than older ones from other people, you will soon find that to continue being displayed you will have to increase your bid a lot, unless you have a very niche market.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

TheGamer

Today I had 30 clicks within the first 3 hours it started over again for the day. I'm impressed now, we'll see what happens.

TheGamer

Heh. Last night I had 109 guests on my site, today I had 86... Still impressed.

xlegacyx

Very nice. I got banned from Adsense... (sigh...) so I'm somewhat hesitant to try Adwords. :P

TheGamer

Oh, and I got my CTR up to 2 percent at one time. I think it was because of my arcade ad, which is the type of ad you 'just have to click'.

As for Orien, feel free to try AdWords.. From what I hear it's a clean slate and it doesn't matter if you've been banned from AdSense. A lot of people have been banned from AdSense it seems.

xlegacyx

Quote from: TheGamer on August 13, 2006, 05:43:08 PM
Oh, and I got my CTR up to 2 percent at one time. I think it was because of my arcade ad, which is the type of ad you 'just have to click'.

As for Orien, feel free to try AdWords.. From what I hear it's a clean slate and it doesn't matter if you've been banned from AdSense. A lot of people have been banned from AdSense it seems.
Yes, they strictly enforce their TOS. It seemed several people were going click crazy on my ads.... I'll go try Adwords and see how it works for me. Thanks!

alienine

Hey, good to know it works!

Advertisement: