News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[BETA] Integrated Chat Mod 2.0 for SMF BETA 5

Started by Goosemoose, May 02, 2004, 07:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayGroundFor.us

ms_ukyankee

Quote from: brodle on May 24, 2004, 10:39:16 PM
I changed the script on my end to display 0 if no one is in the room rather then being blank.  The actual wording is in the php page.

Worth noting that it's only blank when the chatroom is unregistered.
SMF since 2004 <3

brodle

Yes good point.

The stats are pulled form an SQL database and only work if you register your room.

Wiz

ok folks, forgive me but I've lost the plot!  Can someone please give me a definiitive link to the definitive (English) version?  ;D

brodle

Out of the box the chat defaults to english and you choose another language if you want.

Rhysie

This sucks. I must be the only not to have it working :(
Anything that I do doesn't seem to have any effect on my board whatsoever. The chatdb.php file seemed to work, but then that was it. Where exactly do I put each other the files in the package? And where do I link to then from the main site?

This has probably all been covered previously, but I must have missed it. Perhaps some final overall instructions are in order?

Goosemoose

Make sure you read the step by step instructions in the .mod file in my first posts zip file. There are two ways to install this, the way in my post and the way in unknowns. Both work. Mine is manual and unknowns is automatic.

PlayGroundFor.us

Does anyone know what change for this in BATA 6

cdmvirt

ok, I get  it installed and workin but when I switch to my country language I losse the ICON and get an erro msg:

8: Undefined index: chatAlt
Ficheiro: /home/httpd/vhosts/cdmvirtual.com/httpdocs/smf/Themes/default/index.template.php
Linha: 419

wierd..

Goosemoose

Quote from: cdmvirt on June 25, 2004, 11:40:13 AM
ok, I get  it installed and workin but when I switch to my country language I losse the ICON and get an erro msg:

8: Undefined index: chatAlt
Ficheiro: /home/httpd/vhosts/cdmvirtual.com/httpdocs/smf/Themes/default/index.template.php
Linha: 419

wierd..

Okay, when you switch to another language you need to edit your language file to have the same lines as I added to the english file. If you look at the .mod file you can see what changes I made and then add those to your language file.

Quote from: NukeWorker.com on June 30, 2004, 02:30:19 PM
What is needed to make this wirk with Beta 6?

I tried that file, and it says:

QuotePackage Manager - Install Actions
Install Actions for archive integratedChat_2_1_1.0.tar.gz:
There are no install actions defined! 

I haven't installed beta 6 yet but I am going to try to get it done in the next few days. After that I can tell you what has changed. If anyone else has already made the changes let me know what they were.

bulliedog

I've got the mod working and my room is registered.  I still get the "There are currently people talking in the chat room." message, but no number of people no matter what (even if there are people in the room). 

I may have missed something in the above thread but what can I do to correct this?

Thanks.

James

robo47

show page, probably it's just a browser-problem and the script isn't included to show it

madfiddler

I've had problems with the "user chatting" bit before with everywherechat... Isn't it a problem server side, rather than a problem with the code? Did they stop supporting it cos of additional bandwidth or something?

Goosemoose

You need to make sure to register your chat room by double clicking on the room when you are in it. Then the names will appear.

brodle

Quote from: madfiddler on July 07, 2004, 07:12:55 PM
I've had problems with the "user chatting" bit before with everywherechat... Isn't it a problem server side, rather than a problem with the code? Did they stop supporting it cos of additional bandwidth or something?

Just make sure your room is registered and it will work fine. We didnt take it down many site use the script.

brodle

Quote from: bulliedog on July 02, 2004, 05:14:46 PM
I've got the mod working and my room is registered.  I still get the "There are currently people talking in the chat room." message, but no number of people no matter what (even if there are people in the room). 

I may have missed something in the above thread but what can I do to correct this?

Thanks.

James

emial me the name fo your room [email protected]

† ÐëepÇuT¹ †

Personal Website
x3Generation - gaming
graphics and anime.

Favorite Forums
> SimpleMachines Forum
> GamerzPlanet Forums

ms_ukyankee

I've just spent some time on this for Beta 6, and it appears to me that only change is the removal of the second step in the mod file, no longer needed in ModSettings.php. Everything else was as before. Again, I've done this manually, as I'm not yet familiar with the whole Package process. ;)
SMF since 2004 <3

Senkusha

Wow!  this is cool!  First mod I've installed.  I didn't even have to create a new Chat button to match my theme!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Advertisement: