News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[BETA] Integrated Chat Mod 2.0 for SMF BETA 5

Started by Goosemoose, May 02, 2004, 07:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

If you don't see any buttons anywhere, there's a high chance you didn't chmod things writable except the sources.

-[Unknown]

brodle

Quote from: Owdy on May 03, 2004, 05:16:02 PM
I used attached. Just upload it to your "Packages" dir and
chmod 777:
/Packages/installed.list
/Themes/default/images/english
Then just install it with package manager. That CHMOD thang is very important!

test it : http://www.halko.net/smf/index.php
user:test
pass:test

Yes CHMOD is very important on *nix system. Once you understand what files need what permission you should be able to install and type of script.

Hyperflo

Parse error: parse error in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/megacrew/mcforums/Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php on line 358

I have this error in my admin center now when I go into Edit Features and Options.
It IS chmod properly also!

Plus I guess from multiple attempts to install, I now have like 6 chat bars all with the same options in the Edit Features and Options.

I am a little confused?

[Unknown]

There was an error in the mod (a missing slash before a single quote!) that was posted, but I corrected it and all was well.... try the most recent version I posted. (you will have to uninstall/upload clean files.)

-[Unknown]

Room11

Nothing is Impossible
Room 11 Designs

DeadlyDemon

(i think)  i've managed to get the mod installed but i've done somefing that made two chat buttons come on the navigation bar and there are two settings for the chat in the "Edit Features and Options " part of the admin controle center. How do i remove the extra ones?

[Unknown]

Hyperflo

I still get the mysql error after running the install, and then I get this message when I ignore it and go to settings:

Parse error: parse error in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/mcforums/Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php on line 359

Here is line 359:

$helptxt['chatRoomName'] = 'This is the name of your chat room name. Make sure it doesn't exist on the server first. Then once you have gone in the room double click on it to register yourself and your other mods.';

Same error I got before, and I just redownloaded this and tried to install again. I even dleted all references to chat , including the ones in the modded files that did not disappear after I uninstalled it.

Hyperflo

smacktalk

I get this:

Warning: copy(/home/marco/public_html/forum/index.php~): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/marco/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 674

then this:

Parse error: parse error in /home/marco/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php on line 358

[Unknown]

Quote from: brodle on May 04, 2004, 10:53:57 AM
Here is a mirrored link to the latest file Uknown worked up.

http://www.everywherechat.com/integratedChat_2_1_1.0.tar.gz

That file still has the typo in it.  Find:

$helptxt['chatRoomName'] = ' This is the name of your chat room name. Make sure it doesn't exist on the server first. Then once you have gone in the room double click on it to register yourself and your other mods.';

Replace:$helptxt['chatRoomName'] = 'This is the name of your chat room name. Make sure it doesn\'t exist on the server first. Then once you have gone in the room double click on it to register yourself and your other mods.';

Quote from: smacktalk on May 05, 2004, 01:30:06 AM
I get this:

Warning: copy(/home/marco/public_html/forum/index.php~): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/marco/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 674

then this:

Parse error: parse error in /home/marco/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php on line 358

Same Help problem, and /home/marco/public_html/forum is not writable (777).

-[Unknown]

smacktalk

I got it to work thanks. One other thing, when I click on the chat button, the chat sign on appears where you have to add your name and room name. I though it would log you in automatically.

ms_ukyankee

Quote from: smacktalk on May 05, 2004, 02:25:07 AM
I got it to work thanks. One other thing, when I click on the chat button, the chat sign on appears where you have to add your name and room name. I though it would log you in automatically.

It should, you probably need to set it up in the Admin area, Edit Features and Options, near the bottom.

I've installed this mod manually, after getting frustrated with the Package errors. Though this version was not manual install friendly, I had to do some splicing of chatdb with the 1.1 chatdb to get that to work.

Thank you for your work on this, and updating it so quickly. :)

SMF since 2004 <3

smacktalk

Quote from: ms_ukyankee on May 05, 2004, 05:36:42 AM
Quote from: smacktalk on May 05, 2004, 02:25:07 AM

It should, you probably need to set it up in the Admin area, Edit Features and Options, near the bottom.

It is set up.

brodle

Unknown,

did I upload the wrong package? Thought this was the latest one you said was all fixed. If not let me know where it is and Ill replace the file.

Quote from: [Unknown] on May 05, 2004, 01:49:52 AM
Quote from: brodle on May 04, 2004, 10:53:57 AM
Here is a mirrored link to the latest file Uknown worked up.

http://www.everywherechat.com/integratedChat_2_1_1.0.tar.gz

That file still has the typo in it.  Find:

$helptxt['chatRoomName'] = ' This is the name of your chat room name. Make sure it doesn't exist on the server first. Then once you have gone in the room double click on it to register yourself and your other mods.';

Replace:$helptxt['chatRoomName'] = 'This is the name of your chat room name. Make sure it doesn\'t exist on the server first. Then once you have gone in the room double click on it to register yourself and your other mods.';

Quote from: smacktalk on May 05, 2004, 01:30:06 AM
I get this:

then this:

Same Help problem, and /home/marco/public_html/forum is not writable (777).

-[Unknown]

Goosemoose

I've installed this mod manually, after getting frustrated with the Package errors. Though this version was not manual install friendly, I had to do some splicing of chatdb with the 1.1 chatdb to get that to work.

Thank you for your work on this, and updating it so quickly. :)

The chatdb in 2.0 is the exact same file as in 1.1, in fact you shouldn't have to run it again since the tables don't change at all from 1.1. What was the problem you were having?

[Unknown]

The package I made up is for installation not upgrade..... it probably will throw errors if you use it to upgrade.

-[Unknown]

Hyperflo

Just want to thank you all for the assistance...i got it to work.  Now that i have it working, I am not too fond of it, i find it slow and laggy, I also would want to have so people could chat AND browse my site.  My forums are starting to become very active, and I want both available at the same time.

If you are curious about the laggy, maybe it is just me, but I started a guest account so you could see the chat; 

Login:  test
Pass   test

You will need to log in to see the chat.

www.megacrew.com/mcforums/

Advertisement: