News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions

Started by Grudge, August 12, 2006, 06:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesleyuk

Hi

Just downloaded this MOD and tried to install via package manager.

filling out the ftp username/password and got this error message

Quote550 /home/.pascha/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXX.com/smf: No such file or directory

i didnt put the path in, the path address just appeared itself. I'm fairly sure the path itself is correct but no idea why it wont work

what am i doing wrong?

many thanks

Wesleyuk

chovy

Path is relative when using ftp.
so if you should try "/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXX.com/smf" as the path since your initial login is the /home/username directory.

wesleyuk

Quote from: chovy on August 29, 2007, 09:11:23 PM
Path is relative when using ftp.
so if you should try "/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXX.com/smf" as the path since your initial login is the /home/username directory.

it's working now, thank you very much :)

mariolone

Hello Grudge,

I have installed your Mod on SMF 1.1.3. I think it's all ok ok, but the menu link on Profile user page appears only on my profile (as Administrator) and not on the other ones (of other registered users): why?

Did I miss some settings?

In addition, if I try to subscribe by my Profile page, the system doesn't work (I'd like to test if the system works).

Thank you for your reply.

mclane

I decided against using this as it was more trouble than it's worth.

Now that PayPal handles subscriptions I just dropped a button on my site for this and do the subscription part.

PA

mariolone

hi mclane,

thanks for your reply.

But how did you make the subscription part? I would like to assign some permissions to view some parts of my forum under payment. Is this the same necessity as yours?

If yes, where did you locate your Paypal button?

Many thanks

Roberto

mclane

We do it manually... PayPal's new subscription feature will update you when people either pay or don't pay.

Here's how our payment page looks:
http://www.ymexchange.com/Store/Premium-Subscription.html

Peace,

Adam

chovy

this mod should have a field for notify_url, rather than requiring us to set it in our PP account.

mclane

Quote from: chovy on September 21, 2007, 02:15:15 PM
this mod should have a field for notify_url, rather than requiring us to set it in our PP account.
chovy, the question asked of me was a little off topic. They were asking about how I bypassed the need for this module.

PA

chovy

maybe now it was... still it should have the notify_url set by the software, not the PP account (and I did pose this question in this thread earlier).

I apologize for jumping in the middle here.

mclane

I totally agree. If this was a more complete offering I would implement it. But I'm seeing some folks with a lot of struggles and I don't want trouble. I think I will later implement this, but not yet.

PA

chovy

we're talking about the subscription_mod right?

mariolone

Quote from: mclane on September 21, 2007, 01:59:57 PM
We do it manually... PayPal's new subscription feature will update you when people either pay or don't pay.

Here's how our payment page looks:
http://www.ymexchange.com/Store/Premium-Subscription.html

Peace,

Adam

Mclane,

compliment for your website ! Did you use Joomla and the bridge for SMF? Probably I will implement subscription as in your website.

Thanks

Regards

Roberto

mclane

We were  bridged between Joomla/SMF until recently. (See the break-up of that story in the bridge discussion)

That page is actually a work-around because the bridge no longer works.

Thanks for the compliment!

PA

mariolone

Quote from: chovy on September 21, 2007, 02:15:15 PM

Ehm...what?

lawnmowertech

joomla  is  that  a  good  site  i may just  learn how to use it 

mclane

Quote from: lawnmowertech on September 22, 2007, 09:45:32 PM
joomla  is  that  a  good  site  i may just  learn how to use it 
Thanks! I appreciate the compliment.

PA

RedCode180

Hi Guys Great Mod By The Way

I was having a few problems with this mod and the XD-Nova theme. when paid sub and paid sub in your admin and profile were not showing up. How i resovled this issue was with the Mod.index.php of the xd-nova theme. i just  replaced the xd-nova theme mod.index.php, with the default one and bingo problem sovled.

i know this is very simple to do but i thought i might want to post this for the people who struggle installing mods ;)

- red

RichardYabut

Alright.. after a few hours repeating problems and such.  here's whats happening to this and answers to those looking.

1.   If you don't have the paid subscriptions in your profile.  It means you didn't install it properly.  Try again or install it manually.   The Install Needs FTP access as well if anything.  You're better off attempting to install it manually if the package installer failed.

2.   If you get this error "  Unknown transaction type in ipn.php "  with paypal - This is due to the fact that you didn't use your MAIN paypal account email address to the Settings in the Paid Subscription for Paypal.   Paypal throws the Main Account Email back to IPN.php - if it doesn't match - that error shows up.

3.   Now the date issue..  I couldn't figure out how to fix this... but... i was able to  see what it was NOT doing.    The $Endtime field in mysql is not getting updated ... SMF throws all the other fields to Mysql but the Endtime field.  Maybe Grudge or someone can tell me where to go to FORCE the mod to send the endtime to mysql?

Environment:

SMF: 1.1.4
SUBS: latest one :  .18?
MqSql:  5.0
PHP : 5

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement: