Paid Subscriptions

Started by Grudge, August 12, 2006, 06:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariolone

Quote from: Grudge on August 12, 2006, 06:09:49 AM
Link to Mod

This modification is currently in beta - do not use it unless you are sure you know what you are doing!

This modification will add the ability to charge users a subscription to join a membergroup for a defined period of time.

Currently this only works with paypal, and maybe worldpay/authorize.net. To install simply run the modification and then enable the mod from the Settings tab in "Paid Subscriptions" from the admin center.

Note for paypal to work you need to setup your account to direct your IPN to this script. To do this login to paypal, click "Profile" and then select the "IPN" link from merchant tools. Enter the URL of your forum, and then the subs/ipn.php. For example:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/subs/ipn.php

This is required for paypal to notify the forum that the payment was received.

Ehi Grudge,

compliment for your Mod...but it works only with US $ (even if I select EUR or other currencies): why?

I can't select currencies other than US $, but I would like the system to work with Euros too or other currencies too !

Thanks for your reply (or anybody who want to help me)

RichardYabut

Something I noticed as well...   You can delete any subscriptions Unless the Status is ACTIVE.   Can't delete if its pending or Finished.

3mrhythm

i cant install this on 1.1.4 .. any updates?

when i go to input the FTP info it wants before it installs it it just reloads the page and doesnt do anything ..

Thanks
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

capabmx

Hey,I didn't havetime to read through the whole thread, but is there anyway to allow them to pay to E-gold? I can't have a Paypal account since I'm only 16, so I use E-gold. Any help on this would be vey much appreciated :)!
Always looking to take on a web design/ programming job :], PM me if interested.

Richard Wing

capabmx... No egold in this version.

Grudge...

Since you first released this mod have you now added in support for the notify_url variable so one doesnt have to use setting at paypal? I have another OLD script that uses that setting at paypal .

Paypal lets you now add into the button / subscription code the notify_url variable to tell paypal where to post back to. It by passes the url setting at paypal.

Next question is will the user be downgraded if their subscription doesnt renew because of failed payment and when it attempts to bill them again and is successful will it upgrade them back?

Thanks,
Richard Wing

capabmx

hey, I got a paypal account, and set this up, now this might be a retarded question and I apologize :'(, but does this allow them to pay with credit cards to my paypal account, or does this just let them pay via paypal?
Always looking to take on a web design/ programming job :], PM me if interested.

Casa Grande

nice script...seems to work ok, however, since upgrading to 1.1.4, I keep getting this error sent to my email:

QuoteAn error occured whilst attempting to do a paid subscription. The error is shown below:
---------------------------------------------
Unknown transaction type in ipn.php

apparently, it keeps happening when a subscription is ordered or renewed. Consequently, I have to manually update their subscription or add them to the subscription list manually. Before I upgraded to 1.1.4, this didn' t happen, it worked flawlessly.

Any ideas? upgrades?

thanks for your time in making a great script,

david

TrueSatan

Guys, Grudge has been good enough to take on an important role in the making of the core of SMF and has offered his mods to be taken over as he no longer has time to support them...so far they have not been (or at least I don't know of any that have) thus this mod is essentially unsupported and is not being updated.

Casa Grande

Quote from: TrueSatan on October 12, 2007, 10:33:24 AM
Guys, Grudge has been good enough to take on an important role in the making of the core of SMF and has offered his mods to be taken over as he no longer has time to support them...so far they have not been (or at least I don't know of any that have) thus this mod is essentially unsupported and is not being updated.

fair enough, sounds like a challenging task at hand.....thanks

Roger

I've installed this and it works great.  One thing though, how do I create an external link directly to the profile > paid subscriptions page for people to sign up.  I'd like to have a subscribe button in my main navigation.

Thanks,
Roger

Richard Wing

Can members who use this mod please let me know if the subscriptions auto renew? Does it use the paypal subscriptions feature or do they have to remember and renew on their own?

Thanks,
Richard Wing

tam2oo5

Quote from: Roger on October 31, 2007, 11:57:02 AM
I've installed this and it works great.  One thing though, how do I create an external link directly to the profile > paid subscriptions page for people to sign up.  I'd like to have a subscribe button in my main navigation.

Thanks,
Roger

Roger , use a link like this . http://www.mydomain.co.uk/SMF/index.php?action=profile;sa=subscriptions

Obviously you will need to create a menu button that will redirect the user to that link..

qtime

I have an error:
Unknown column 'reminder_sent' in 'field list'
File: /var/www/html/saff/Sources/ManagePaid.php
Line: 912
when I change manual pending payment members.
or a renewing of an existing member
This is after a migration of the forum script and using the newest mod.

Any suggestions?

I added to two fields in the table
email_complete and reminder

qtime

fixed the problem by reinstall the modification.

snork13

Quote from: Roger on October 31, 2007, 11:57:02 AM

Thanks,
Roger

for the default theme....

find...
function template_menu()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

add after...

global $ID_MEMBER;

find...

if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm')))
$current_action = $context['current_action'];

add to the array...

'donation',

add to your menu...
// Send donation ...[donation]
if (!empty($modSettings['paid_enabled']) && ($context['user']['is_logged']))
echo ($current_action == 'donation' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'donation' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u='. $ID_MEMBER .';sa=subscriptions">' . $txt['donation'] . '</a>

</td>' , $current_action == 'donation' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

qtime

new problem, all new donations will setup the member as a pending payment, I read this problem before, but no solution, any suggestions?
using 0.18 on smf 114

iPivot

You should update this mod for 1.1.4, it would come in real useful for people who have to pay people to pay for their domains.

Tony Reid

It does work in 1.1.4 - I'm running it with no problems.
Tony Reid

BCTech

Likewise.

Quote from: Tony on November 30, 2007, 02:30:20 AM
It does work in 1.1.4 - I'm running it with no problems.

dhiveng

hi i installed the mod, it said installed successfully but i cant find the settings for it etc etc...please help me? and i dot know how to access it

Advertisement: