News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions

Started by Grudge, August 12, 2006, 06:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasmcpot

Im having the 1st Jan 1970 error.

Stumpy

Had one today that didn't show up AT ALL on my website (ie., the payment went through, but the subscription was not applied - fortunately, I'm still in testing mode and I know everyone who's subscribing).

LouR

Hi all,

Paid Subscriptions v 0.17

The mod goes through the payment process fine. User is not added to group after payment. I am using the Classic theme. Is there something I need to do to the theme? I did not get any errors, just no adding to group happening.

Getting system email that states:

An error occured whilst attempting to do a paid subscription. The error is shown below:
---------------------------------------------
Unknown transaction type in ipn.php

Need advice from "tweakers"...

Thanks,

Lou

Stumpy

Well, now two folks have reported getting "Unknown transaction type in ipn.php" emails.  I haven't gotten any emails from anyone, but I'm still having the problem where the payment is going through but nothing is happening in my database.  This just started yesterday or the day before.  Prior to that, I only had the date problem - I have not changed any code yet, so did PayPal change something?

3mrhythm

i would i go about applying the fix? do i need to uninstall the current paid subscriptions? or do i just install it over it?
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

3mrhythm

btw i havent ever had a problem like the 1970 error.. maybe its a mod conflict or something?
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

madfiddler

One thing to check with the 1970 date error, which was the cause of mine. I started checking through the code, and discovered that the "subs" directory on my server was in fact called "Subs" which I believe was the cause of my situation. The mod is working swimingly now.

Sarke

I'd like to see a "range" mode, where members can choose to pay based on a range instead of a fixed number.  E.g. if the range is $10 to $40, they can pay $15 if they wish.  This would mostly be for donations, so they can donate more if they wish.

My MODs          Please don't PM me for support, post in the appropriate topic.

Stumpy

Set up a bunch of subscriptions in $5 increments and put people in different groups based on what they donate - that way you can shame people into giving you more. ;)

I'm still getting date errors, but it's almost random now.  I had a test come back with Jan 1, 2004 (on a 1-year subscription) yesterday.  The only constant is that it's always January 1.

Grudge

Grrrr... sadly I'm away on work until next weekend. Has anyone got the new version working at all?
I'm only a half geek really...

Stumpy

I'm still working with the older version - I was under the impression that your newer one only made changes to the renewable aspect, which I'm not using.  I was going to upgrade to the newer one, but when I attempted to uninstall the other one I was getting the errors message (I've added about 5 mods after yours), so I didn't bother.  If you think it'll make a difference, I'll try installing it manually.

sasmcpot

Hmm.

I have absolutely no idea why this 1970 date is appearing. Im also having the same problem. I went through the code to check for dating abnormalities but it seemed all fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

madfiddler

The way I got mine to work was to rename the Subs directory to subs and manually upload the files to their correct location, then run the package manager.

wm

I have this mod installed and am testing.  I set up a user with an expiration date and let it expire.  Should the user have received an email notice?  Should the admin have received an email notice?

Thanks,
William

madfiddler

I don't think anyone gets expiration emails, which would be a great feature to have - especially if it was sent, say, 7 days in advance.

wm

So what actually happens when a subscription expires?

From looking at the member's profile, I see that the primary group has been changed to something that displays as "New Forum Member".  This is not a group that I created, and it does not show up in the MemberGroups list.  Where does it come from, and how can I use it to control what the member can see?

I also notice that the member still has access to all of the additional groups.  Looks like I've got some work to do!

William

madfiddler

The member gets put back in the general membergroup, based on their post count. Don't know where your New Forum Member group is coming from.

One problem with this is, that my subscribers get a larger PM box, when their subs expire, normally their PM box is too full then to receive PMs..

wm

Ah, that helps.  "New Forum Member" is a post count based group I created, and the member I am using for testing has made no posts.

Apparently it keeps track of what the primary group was - when the member is re-activated the primary group is reset to what it was.

I need to figure out how to block access to the rest of the groups...

Thanks!
William

madfiddler

You mean categories with permissions to access via member group type, yes?

wm

Quote from: madfiddler on February 25, 2007, 02:35:53 PM
You mean categories with permissions to access via member group type, yes?

Yes, Categories, or actually Boards.  I have multiple MemberGroups that control access to different Boards.  When a member is qualified for access to an area (telescope checkout, for example) the admin gives them access by adding them to the MemberGroup.

Advertisement: