vB 3.5.4 to SMF 1.1 RC2, how?

Started by Gibzon, August 13, 2006, 11:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gibzon

i had read several threads but i don't get this to work so i decided to post here, the vbulletin3_to_smf.php says me:

The installation of SMF in the path you specified is not a version this converter can deal with. If it is older than SMF 1.0, you need to upgrade first. If it is newer, you need to use a different converter.

the versions from here no longer works?

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?converters

thanks in advance.

青山 素子

Those are for the 1.0 series.

Use the convert.php and vbulletin35_to_smf.sql file stickied here.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Gibzon

really sorry i didn't see that, thanks motoko.

青山 素子

No problems, it is a bit confusing right now.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Ponf

i have same promlem, but my english is bad.
i couldn't find this converter in this http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=65677.0 topic
can you give me link on this converter?

and one more question.
my vb forum was integrated with Joomla! 1.08 vith bbpixel integration.
convertion would be ok?

thanks.

青山 素子

If you were using vBulletin 3.5 then you need the convert.php and vbulletin35_to_smf.sql files on the first post of that thread. If you don't see the attachments, double-check you are signed in.

I'm not familiar with the integration, but you can always try the conversion. The converter does not delete the old data, so you can experiment safely. Of course, always make a backup before doing this to be safe.
Motoko-chan

Advertisement: