CountryFlags

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 14, 2006, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amasterfound

Quote from: folkandfaith on April 14, 2007, 10:49:51 PM
Quote from: littleone on April 13, 2007, 10:52:28 PM
Its your CHMOD settings on the folder.  For some reason alot of the mod folder's CHMOD cannot be changed and nothing inside of them can be deleted.

Can other flags /countries then be added or switched out? If so - HOW?
Yes I want to know this too. I have a memeber that is from scottland he wants a scottish flag not the universal UK flag. I would like to add the scottish flag not replace any.

husam

I installed this mod and it doesn't show up in the "features and options" page

folkandfaith

I am wondering if the mod creator still checks in here at all. It has been over a week I am sure since I first asked these questions. Could htere be someone else affiliated with MSF that can tell us I wonder?

william777

I am a newbie in terms of SMF as well as mods.
Recently, I installed SMF, no problem.
I also downloaded CountryFlag, unzipped in my local drive, then uploaded the Country Flag directory to my server in /public_html/SMF/themes/CountryFlag.
My questions are:
(1) Is that the correct directory to use?
(2) How do I get it to work? I had read almost all the threads here, but had no idea how to go about setting it up.  I had also read the document in http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402, but I do not comprehend it. I do not know PHP.

Can anyone help me in a step by step manner? Thanks in advance.

KGIII

Don't unzip it. Go to your administration center. Go to Packages. Click on Download Packages. Click on the Browse link. Point that to the place you downloaded it to on your drive. Click upload. Click apply on the next screen. Click again IF it goes through without errors.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

folkandfaith

What about changing country flags around or adding new ones? Can this be done? If so how?

william777

Thanks KGIII, it works!!!!! ;D

william777

Another question to you KGIII: do I use the same method in future to install new mods? I am thinking of installing the dilbermc themes.

KGIII

If you install themes other than the default then modifications, many of them, will need to be installed manually which can be daunting the first time you try it. But, yes, modifications are installed the same way in the default them. The top of this site, the Docs link, in there you will find some information.

My PC Support Forum
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

folkandfaith

What about changing the flags already in this mod and or adding new countries in it. Can this be done with this mod and if so can someone tell us how to do this?

Chucky

I changed this mod so it will display the members flags that they've chosen on the Member Map (Location Mod) rather than from the drop down list.

Is really good.

brianjw

I need help. When attempting to install, there was an error.
1. Execute Modification           ./Sources/Register.php           Test successful
2. Execute Modification           ./Sources/Subs.php           Test successful
3. Execute Modification           ./Sources/ModSettings.php           Test successful
4. Execute Modification           ./Sources/Profile.php           Test successful
5. Execute Modification           ./Themes/default/Register.template.php           Test successful
6. Execute Modification           ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php           Test successful
7. Execute Modification           ./Themes/default/Display.template.php           Test failed
8. Execute Modification           ./Themes/babylon/Display.template.php           Test successful
9. Execute Modification           ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php           Test successful
10. Extract Tree           ./Themes/default/images/flags
Line 7 is what I need help with. I am using SMF 1.1.2.

Brianjw

folkandfaith

Flag mod guy hasn't been seen in about a month or so. I would very much like to hear back from him as I have some questions as I have posted a few times here too. No luck though.

Chucky

Quote from: brianjw on May 13, 2007, 08:27:12 PM
1. Execute Modification           ./Sources/Register.php           Test successful
2. Execute Modification           ./Sources/Subs.php           Test successful
3. Execute Modification           ./Sources/ModSettings.php           Test successful
4. Execute Modification           ./Sources/Profile.php           Test successful
5. Execute Modification           ./Themes/default/Register.template.php           Test successful
6. Execute Modification           ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php           Test successful
7. Execute Modification           ./Themes/default/Display.template.php           Test failed
8. Execute Modification           ./Themes/babylon/Display.template.php           Test successful
9. Execute Modification           ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php           Test successful
10. Extract Tree           ./Themes/default/images/flags

Brianjw

You'd have to look at your Display.template.php file and check the code it's trying to add/replace. Do this by looking in the xml file in the zipped mod. You've most likely have the code altered that it's trying to locate.

Filipina

Thanks for the MOD.  I have SMF 1.1.2 Default theme and it installed without any errors and it works great!

brianjw

Quote from: Chucky on May 14, 2007, 08:56:37 AM
Quote from: brianjw on May 13, 2007, 08:27:12 PM
1. Execute Modification           ./Sources/Register.php           Test successful
2. Execute Modification           ./Sources/Subs.php           Test successful
3. Execute Modification           ./Sources/ModSettings.php           Test successful
4. Execute Modification           ./Sources/Profile.php           Test successful
5. Execute Modification           ./Themes/default/Register.template.php           Test successful
6. Execute Modification           ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php           Test successful
7. Execute Modification           ./Themes/default/Display.template.php           Test failed
8. Execute Modification           ./Themes/babylon/Display.template.php           Test successful
9. Execute Modification           ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php           Test successful
10. Extract Tree           ./Themes/default/images/flags

Brianjw

You'd have to look at your Display.template.php file and check the code it's trying to add/replace. Do this by looking in the xml file in the zipped mod. You've most likely have the code altered that it's trying to locate.
I am using a recent fresh install and haven't modified any files. I do however have some modules installed that could be causing this:
1. TinyPortal 0.983 [ Uninstall ]
2. Invite 1.13 [ Uninstall ]
3. Custom Action Mod 2.04 [ Uninstall ]
4. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.16 [ Uninstall ]
5. SMF Gallery Lite 1.7.1 [ Uninstall ]
6. Ad Managment 2.3 [ Uninstall ]
7. Bear Tabs 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
8. BBCode Bar For Signature 1.3 [ Uninstall ]
9. SMF Links 1.6.3 [ Uninstall ]
10. YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant) 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
11. Paid Subscriptions 0.18 [ Uninstall ]
12. AvatarSelect 1.1.2 [ Uninstall ]
13. FontandSizeDropdown1.1 1.1 [ Uninstall ]
14. Streaming 3 4.2.2b [ Uninstall ]
15. K-Detection 2.2 [ Uninstall ]
Thanks for your help so far but for me modifying it myself isn't the case. It could be a module. Who knows :)

brianjw

Bump ^ view above post ^

TrueSatan

Brian...if you'll post your Display.template.php file I'll have a look at it for you and see if I can put this mod into it...BTW I think Chunky was trying to say that you have modified the file by installing other mods...he/she's quite right.

If I'm able to fix that file then you'll need to follow this procedure:

Backup your database and files
Install the mod ignoring the error in Display.template.php
Rename the existing Display.template.php and leave it on the server (call it Display.template.php-flag so you know what the file is if you need it at a later date)
Via ftp upload the fixed Display.template.php I'll give you

Not difficult and it should get your problem over and done...all I need is that file...

JayBachatero

I am no longer supporting this mod.  If someone wants to take over this mod please send me a PM.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

KGIII

This one too I will look at and if there are enough folks wanting it then I will consider taking over the support for it. That's and the other is about all I can handle at the moment.

My PC Support Forum
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

Advertisement: