News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

CountryFlags

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 14, 2006, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueSatan

It's a difficult one to call...if the automatic installation into the Babylon theme were omitted from the mod script then that error would be eliminated should the Babylon theme be deleted by the user yet those users who benefit from that automatic installation would lose out as a consequence of that change.

I tend to think that those users who are aware enough to choose to trim down their installation by removal of unwanted Babylon and/or Classic themes are probably aware enough to understand the errors that removal may cause and know that they aren't important ones.

The error generation is part of the installer system rather than any mod so it would need to be a suggestion made to the core developer team if you want to ask for it to be changed.

perro88

Quote from: TrueSatan on October 31, 2007, 09:06:15 PM
You would need to edit the array this mod adds to Subs.php and to add the new flag to the flags directory.
thanks mate

dxyy

I'm not sure if this was already addressed in this thread, but I got the following error while trying to upload this mod through the package manager:

The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

I'm using version 1.1.3 if that helps.

Any advice will be appreciated. I hope I can install this mod without having to upgrade to 1.1.4, because I'm afraid some things on the forum will not work if I upgrade. :(

TrueSatan

The upgrade to SMF 1.1.4 is strongly advised and shouldn't cause major problems...if some mods don't work you may need to do a little file editing to sort them out but that's the worst that can happen.

Please try getting the mod again (a fresh copy) using a different browser and with that browser again try to add it to your site...more often than not this will resolve your problem.

Brianjw's advice is incorrect as this mod does not contain version limiting/checking!

dxyy

Quote from: TrueSatan on November 21, 2007, 09:20:33 AM
The upgrade to SMF 1.1.4 is strongly advised and shouldn't cause major problems...if some mods don't work you may need to do a little file editing to sort them out but that's the worst that can happen.

Please try getting the mod again (a fresh copy) using a different browser and with that browser again try to add it to your site...more often than not this will resolve your problem.

Brianjw's advice is incorrect as this mod does not contain version limiting/checking!
Thank you, I will try that and let you know how it goes.

I will eventually upgrade my forum, but because of the forum's great importance to my website, I'll need to get help in case something goes wrong. ;)

TrueSatan

You can make your upgrade safe and trouble free by first doing proper backup of both your files and database...if you aren't able to manage file editing one way round it would then be to remove all your mods in the order in which you added them (or if you don't know that order try to remove each in turn and if a particular on won't remove without errors leave it in place and remove one that will remove without errors...eventually you should find that all can be removed save those you added via manual edits. Make the upgrade and then re-add the mods.

dxyy

Hmm, well I tried with a fresh copy and with another browser, but I got the same error message. :(

I also tried to install one of the older versions of the mod, so just CountryFlags.tar.gz instead of CountryFlag_1-0-2.tar.gz, but that also didn't work.

Any ideas?

TrueSatan

I have gone to the mods page myself and downloaded it without any problems at all so all seems well there.

I'll repackage it as a .zip file for you and add it to this post in case your hosting is choking on the archive format....please try this version and report back.

dxyy

Can someone please post all the modifications that need to be made to the sources/modsettings.php file.

I have been trying to use this SMF Package Parser, but it's been acting funny and showing me the modifications needed for other mods. :(

Thank you in advance! :)

TrueSatan

I've taken this mod over with kind permission from Jay Bachatero and will provide a new version shortly once I find out why the Package Parser is playing silly games. All being well the new version will work with the Package Parser.

dxyy

Quote from: TrueSatan on November 23, 2007, 09:17:01 AM
I've taken this mod over with kind permission from Jay Bachatero and will provide a new version shortly once I find out why the Package Parser is playing silly games. All being well the new version will work with the Package Parser.
Well, this other thread might help: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=207274.0

TrueSatan

Yes I read it thanks but it doesn't explain why the Package Parser wasn't accepting the current archive format when it should so I'll install the Parser on my own hosting and try to track down the problem.

New version now available...minor adjustments only and inclusion of an update for changing status of former Yugoslav republics.

perro88

Any Idea how to make a column on the memberlist with the country and it's flag? and maybe a search by country on the memberlist?

TrueSatan

These are not features of the mod, and unless you wish to code them yourself and offer the results, aren't something I plan to add to it.

perro88

Quote from: TrueSatan on December 23, 2007, 01:23:01 PM
These are not features of the mod, and unless you wish to code them yourself and offer the results, aren't something I plan to add to it.
ok, thanks. I tried one time but no luck :(

au8ust

Thai and Lao traslations

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.thai-utf8.php">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// Country Flag mod
$txt['country_flag_label'] = 'กรุณาเลือกประเทศของคุณ';
$txt['country_flag_error_required'] = 'กรุณาเลือกประเทศที่คุณอยู่';
$txt['country_flag_ask'] = 'ถามประเทศ';
$txt['country_flag_disabled'] = 'ไม่แสดง';
$txt['country_flag_profile'] = 'ข้อมูลส่วนตัว';
$txt['country_flag_registration'] = 'การลงทะเบียนสมัครสมาชิก';
$txt['country_flag_both'] = 'ทั้งคู่';
$txt['country_flag_required'] = 'ต้องการให้สมาชิกเลือกประเทศ?';
$txt['country_flag_show'] = 'แสดงธงประเทศนั้น ๆ ในหน้ากระทู้.';
$txt['country_flag'] = 'ประเทศ';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.lao-utf8.php">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// Country Flag mod
$txt['country_flag_label'] = 'ກະລຸນາເລືອກປະເທດຂອງທ່ານ';
$txt['country_flag_error_required'] = 'ກະລຸນາເລືອກປະເທດທີ່ທ່ານຢູ່';
$txt['country_flag_ask'] = 'ຖາມປະເທດ';
$txt['country_flag_disabled'] = 'ບໍ່ສະແດງ';
$txt['country_flag_profile'] = 'ຂໍ້ມູນສ່ວນຕົວ';
$txt['country_flag_registration'] = 'ການລົງທະບຽນສະມາຊິກ';
$txt['country_flag_both'] = 'ທັງສອງ';
$txt['country_flag_required'] = 'ຕ້ອງການໃຫ້ສະມາຊິກເລືອກປະເທດ?';
$txt['country_flag_show'] = 'ສະແດງທຸງຊາດປະເທດນັ້ນ ໆ ໃນຫນ້າກະທູ້.';
$txt['country_flag'] = 'ປະເທດ';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Also could you make selectable option for displaying flag only? Or maybe only flag and tooltip as country name :)

TrueSatan

Thanks for the translations...I'll ponder on your request.

Matthew Schenker

How difficult would it be for me to edit this modification so it shows regions (like North America, Europe, Asia, etc) instead of individual countries, and to get it to not display the graphic?  In other words, I want the core functionality of requesting the member to make a choice, but not the specific choices shown in this modification.
Thanks!

TrueSatan

Very easy...and further development is via SMF Helper (and we both know you know where that is!) where I showed another member how to do flag changes a while back so if you'll have a look at that first then if you need more help let me know...showing only the text would also be an easy change to make.

Advertisement: