News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

CountryFlags

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 14, 2006, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FragaCampos

Thanks.
I edited the file and when i uploaded it to the server i got this error:

QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/docspt/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 3912

I think it's probably i minor error, but i can't see where. Can you peek into my subs.php file and see what's the problem? Thanks in advance.

FragaCampos

Thanks a million, quiteperplexed :)

perplexed

no worries, I was just able to notice it quite quickly.  You must have missed the comma after changing the name.  Very easy to do :)

holly.celeb.fan

Nice ...

working fine

FragaCampos

Just a sugestion for this mod:
Would it be difficult to put a column in the "members" panel with the flag of each member? That would be nice :)

FragaCampos

CraigPal

I really like this mod but the text doesn't show up durring registration, or in the profiles - only a colon.
The text doesn't show up in the admin panel either - just two checkboxes and a blank drop down menu.

I've uninstalled and deleted the original and reinstalled using the zip file. I still have the same problem. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

Sabre™

Maybe check your language file.(modifications.english.php)
Make sure the code has been inserted there.
Are your files utf-8?     This could be another reason why you see no text.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

CraigPal

Quote from: Sabre™ on May 21, 2008, 08:31:08 PM
Maybe check your language file.(modifications.english.php)
Make sure the code has been inserted there.
Are your files utf-8?     This could be another reason why you see no text.

Yes, they were utf-8. I changed it to English and all is well! Thank you!

CraigPal

I've been thinking. Would requiring registrants to choose a flag help to thwart spam bots?

neil h

When I tried to install the package, I got this in a warning box:
!!Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Below in the files list, this comes up:
3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test failed

The only other mod I have running is Ad Management 2.3

My version is SMF 1.1.5

Anyone know why this is happening?

FragaCampos

Quote from: Rawpaleoforum on May 21, 2008, 11:49:02 PM
I've been thinking. Would requiring registrants to choose a flag help to thwart spam bots?

In principle, yes ;)

Babalui

Quote from: FragaCampos on May 01, 2008, 08:05:58 PM
Just a sugestion for this mod:
Would it be difficult to put a column in the "members" panel with the flag of each member? That would be nice :)

I would like to support this idea. I was playing around with this option, but my knowledge is not sufficient. I can't add a new column that will display flags.
Any guidelines for this?

schnups

Quote from: neil h on May 26, 2008, 03:46:28 AM
When I tried to install the package, I got this in a warning box:
!!Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Below in the files list, this comes up:
3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test failed

The only other mod I have running is Ad Management 2.3

My version is SMF 1.1.5

Anyone know why this is happening?

I get the same warning....but I dont have that Mod installed

agentx42

Will this work with the newest version of SMF?  Also how hard is it to install? We are a non-proft and have volunteers with little to no experience setting up or forum. We got it running (somehow)  :) but don't want to muck things up getting too ambitious if installing this is out of our league.

blouogies20

Quote from: Rawpaleoforum on May 21, 2008, 07:05:53 PM
I really like this mod but the text doesn't show up durring registration, or in the profiles - only a colon.
The text doesn't show up in the admin panel either - just two checkboxes and a blank drop down menu.

I've uninstalled and deleted the original and reinstalled using the zip file. I still have the same problem. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

I have the same problem!!!!!!!
I'm gonna attach my modifications.english.php file will you please have a look?  It looks to me that all the edits was done.

blouogies20

My problem is sorted out!!! The problem was the language I have changed it to English.

Advertisement: