News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

CountryFlags

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 14, 2006, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

You need to add the language string to your Modifications.spanish.php file.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Iggiecat

I"m worried about installing this mod as i see this error:

what would cause this?

MoreBloodWine

This installed and is running fine for me on 1.1.1... but your problem might be a conflict of another mod...
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

linders

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 18, 2007, 01:14:46 AM

Hello/Hola Jay:

Can you post the string exactly so I can copy/paste it into that file?

Thanks, Hubert

warhonowicz

I just downloaded the latest version and tried to install it on SMF 1.1.2 with the following mods installed:

1. SMF Links 1.6.3 
2. SMF 1.1.2 Update Package 1.1.2 
3. Merge Double Posts 1.0.6 
4. TinyPortal 0.971 
5. Spam Me Not Mod 1.02 
6. Enhanced Calendar 1.1 
7. Award Mod 1.11

and when I try to install the country flags I get the following error

3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed

Anyone got this before and found a way around it?
Tell me and I will forget
Show me and I might remember
But involve me and I will understand

SMF 2.0.11 with TP 1.2

JayBachatero

Quote from: Iggiecat on February 18, 2007, 03:31:24 PM
I"m worried about installing this mod as i see this error:

what would cause this?

That might be a conflict with another mod.  Might have to manually install this mod.

Quote from: linders on February 19, 2007, 11:25:21 AM
Quote from: JayBachatero on February 18, 2007, 01:14:46 AM

Hello/Hola Jay:

Can you post the string exactly so I can copy/paste it into that file?

Thanks, Hubert
You need these strings.  Just need to translate them.

// Country Flag mod
$txt['country_flag_label'] = 'Please select your country';
$txt['country_flag_error_required'] = 'You must select the country that you visit us from';
$txt['country_flag_ask'] = 'Ask for country flag on';
$txt['country_flag_disabled'] = 'Don\'t show (Disabled)';
$txt['country_flag_profile'] = 'Profile';
$txt['country_flag_registration'] = 'Registration';
$txt['country_flag_both'] = 'Both';
$txt['country_flag_required'] = 'Require a member to select a location?';
$txt['country_flag_show'] = 'Show flags on Display page (Where posts are shown).';
$txt['country_flag'] = 'Country';

Quote from: warhonowicz on February 20, 2007, 05:03:27 AM
I just downloaded the latest version and tried to install it on SMF 1.1.2 with the following mods installed:

1. SMF Links 1.6.3 
2. SMF 1.1.2 Update Package 1.1.2 
3. Merge Double Posts 1.0.6 
4. TinyPortal 0.971 
5. Spam Me Not Mod 1.02 
6. Enhanced Calendar 1.1 
7. Award Mod 1.11

and when I try to install the country flags I get the following error

3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed

Anyone got this before and found a way around it?
Seems like a conflict with your other mods.  Need to install this mod manually.
Follow me on Twitter

linders

Hola Jay,

It works fine.

Thanks!!
Hubert

2greedy

Hi everyone dunno if this is the same for evryone but when i installed the mod it wouldn't show the flags in posts, so all i done was goto (themes and settings) in admin then clicked (modify themes) and then clicked (Copy a template from the theme this is based on.)

Find the (Display.template.php) and then click copy! and voila everyting works fine.

Marianita

Hi, I made a manual installation of this mod,and it looks that everything is ok, but when i select a flag in in the profile , it doesnt take the changes....and refresh with no flag selected...
Any idea???? :(  

Marianita

Welll, my problem is fixed but now only admins can change the flag, users cant make the modification.  :(

JayBachatero

Quote from: Marianita on February 25, 2007, 02:56:35 AM
Welll, my problem is fixed but now only admins can change the flag, users cant make the modification.  :(
Post your Profile.php and Profile.template.php files.
Follow me on Twitter

trecool999

All I get is this at the top of every page:

// Country Flag mod $txt['country_flag_label'] = 'Please select your country'; $txt['country_flag_error_required'] = 'You must select the country that you visit us from'; $txt['country_flag_ask'] = 'Ask for country flag on'; $txt['country_flag_disabled'] = 'Don\'t show (Disabled)'; $txt['country_flag_profile'] = 'Profile'; $txt['country_flag_registration'] = 'Registration'; $txt['country_flag_both'] = 'Both'; $txt['country_flag_required'] = 'Require a member to select a location?'; $txt['country_flag_show'] = 'Show flags on Display page (Where posts are shown).'; $txt['country_flag'] = 'Country';

I think you messed up somewhere...

Also, when I install V.1.0.2, it tells me it's still 1.0.1... but all tests are succesful...

Tanks

Thanks for this mod - intalled on RC3 With TP and works as a charm.. so BIG thank you  ;)

JayBachatero

Quote from: trecool999 on February 27, 2007, 01:09:12 PM
All I get is this at the top of every page:

// Country Flag mod $txt['country_flag_label'] = 'Please select your country'; $txt['country_flag_error_required'] = 'You must select the country that you visit us from'; $txt['country_flag_ask'] = 'Ask for country flag on'; $txt['country_flag_disabled'] = 'Don\'t show (Disabled)'; $txt['country_flag_profile'] = 'Profile'; $txt['country_flag_registration'] = 'Registration'; $txt['country_flag_both'] = 'Both'; $txt['country_flag_required'] = 'Require a member to select a location?'; $txt['country_flag_show'] = 'Show flags on Display page (Where posts are shown).'; $txt['country_flag'] = 'Country';

I think you messed up somewhere...

Also, when I install V.1.0.2, it tells me it's still 1.0.1... but all tests are succesful...
Uninstall the mod.  Then upgrade to SMF 1.1.2 and reinstall the mod.
Follow me on Twitter

fritpa

I have the Spanish language package, what I have to do to see the option in this language package?

One thing is translate the .xml, another thing is see the option in the other language package.

Thanks.

Marianita

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 26, 2007, 10:31:14 AM

The files:
Thanks in advance.  :)

linders

My country flags work fine.
Will use it in another forum as well!

Amanda G

i downloaded this mod and then deleted it becuase i have this on the top of my forum

Even after i deleted it its still there? can u PLEASE tell me how to remoce it its really annoying? *and ugly
WANTED: Someone to set up a website with smf forum. Will PAY!

Marianita

Quote from: Crimson on March 07, 2007, 12:12:43 AM
i downloaded this mod and then deleted it becuase i have this on the top of my forum

Even after i deleted it its still there? can u PLEASE tell me how to remoce it its really annoying? *and ugly

You have to open  Modifications.english.php with a text editor,  go to the end of the file and remove the text  carefully.  :)

JayBachatero

Quote from: Marianita on March 06, 2007, 02:19:18 PM
Quote from: JayBachatero on February 26, 2007, 10:31:14 AM

The files:
Thanks in advance.  :)
I looked at the files and everything looks ok to me.  Can you pm me a test account?
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: