MySQL was updated and now all kinds of errors HELP!!!

Started by higherauthority, August 15, 2006, 01:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

higherauthority

OK   I just found out that my hosting service did some kind of MySql update and now I get lots of weird stuff happening.
they use windows servers (go figure  :P)
Mostly Error 502 bad gateway messages. This happens when you click on members list or any topics larger than 4 pages.

The hosting provider claimes that I am the only one having problems. There are other boards running on the same server and they are working correctly.   I have even re installed the forums software and re imported the database and get the same problems.   All the permissions are set correctly (its been working untill this upgrade was done)

So I guess I just need to look at this closly to diagnose the problem .....

the host is running a php version that meets min requirments

Click here to see the servers PHP info

The server uses MYSQL 5.0.24

Everything meets the sys req right?

I am thinking of recommending the host to upgrade to php 4.4.3

anyone else ever have issues running this configuration?

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out

higherauthority

(Day 12 of MySql and PHP nightmare)

I did find this http://kb.woodwing.net/article.php?id=054

This article explains to use PHP using the CGI executable.  how to set up the ISAPI DLL instead

Now if my hosting service (good friend) does this will SMF work ?   This is new to me

青山 素子

This situation does seem related to bug 9852 in the PHP bugs database (as noted in your link). However, the phpinfo you pasted shows that PHP is running as ISAPI already, so I have no idea on what could be done at this point. Maybe someone else can scan through the info and come up with a solution?
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

higherauthority

Finally got this fixed my host updated the php to 4.4.4 and it corrected my issue

Advertisement: