News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Global Announcements

Started by JayBachatero, August 15, 2006, 02:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me313

hello..

how can i make..global annoucment available on helious theme?

it doesnt have //Create button...

thank you for ur help in advance..

JayBachatero

You need to manually add the code to the template.  I've posted how to do it a few times before.  Search in this topic.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Publi-Script

Hummm,

Don't what to think here, I tried installing the Mod and everything checked fine but the Mod did not fully install (even though it told it did)(Could this be a rights problem on my server root?

So I proceeded to manually install it. Now that everything seem to be in place, trying to access the globalAnnouncementsAdmin area just shows me my main Board Index page.

This does not generate an error. I also tried to access the page directly but got a "Hacking attempt" message just like at the top of the GlobalAnnouncementsAdmin.php file.

I am using the default theme (although images and Style.css have been modified) and SMF 1.1.4

Anything I can do to make this work?

TIA
Michel
Michel Lemieux
SMF 1.1.4 with some mods

Ur_Irish_Rose

I get a THIS is not compatable with my forum when i try to upload it

i am making a new 1.1.4 forum and it wont go in as a package

any help pls
http://www.boards-express-forum.com/BE/index.php
Irish And Proud SMF Charter Member

TrueSatan

There are several possible reasons why this may happen...in fact the mod is compatible with your forum and the failure suggests other issues. It could be that your forum is hosted on a server with a 64 bit operating system (there is a fix for this so please say if it is the case and I'll post the fix.) You may need to go to ACP>Packages>Options and uncheck "Create Backup versions of replaced files with a tilda (~) on the end of their names." You may need to use the same path to make all files writeable and you may need to add a "temp (sans quotes" directory to your packages directory and CHMOD it to 777.

The package parser on http://www.smfhelper.info/forum/package.php5 will output the details of the mod so as to make a manual installation easier should you need to use that method.

kizer

Odd. I installed it and it said my index.template had a problem so I fixed it. I simply can not get the global annoucement to show in the admin panel.

Im using a default template and 1.14. I made sure the modifications.english.php file had the listings in it and it does. Is there another file I need to edit to show in Admin panel?
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

TrueSatan

Have you checked in ACP>Server Settings to see that your forum language is set to English and not English utf8?

allumius

Quote from: allumius on December 27, 2007, 04:58:01 AM
Sorry for my english
I have a problem with mod Global Announcements

When I am in the index of the forum, the order that one sees in the forum is:

Categoria
|_Foro1
|_Foro2
       |_Subforo1
       |_Subforo2

If I enter inside Foro1 one sees

-Global Announcements
-Mensajes del Foro1

Hitherto quite correct.
The problem is that when I enter(approach) the Foro2 that has inside Subforums, one sees:

-Subforos
  |_Subforo1
  |_Subforo2

-Global Announcements
-Mensajes del Foro2

In short: the subforums over Global Announcements when I believe that it  has to be upside-down?
Global Announcements must go first, after the subforums and finally the messages of the forum where I am
Since I can arrange it?

Please help me

kizer

Quote from: TrueSatan on January 25, 2008, 10:18:09 PM
Have you checked in ACP>Server Settings to see that your forum language is set to English and not English utf8?

Yeah it says
Default Forum Language : English

Every other mod I've installed works fine. I just can't get this one to show up in the admin panel.

TrueSatan

Please use the Package Parser on the followign link to output all the changes this mod makes (other package parser installations may not work with this mod but I know that the one below does.)

http://www.smfhelper.info/forum/package.php5

Check, in particular, Modifications.english.php but if one file has a problem it would be wise to check them all.

kizer

Thanks for the help on that parser. I just basically went through each bit of code and got it to work, but I had  to change one thing and Im not sure what I really changed but got it to load into the Admin area.

//A new mods section for the Global Announcements.
if ((isset($modSettings['admin_areas_other']) && $modSettings['admin_areas_other'] == 1) && allowedTo('global_announcements_admin'))
{
$context['admin_areas']['other']['areas']['ga_admin'] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=globalAnnouncementsAdmin">' . $txt['global_announcements_admin'] . '</a>';
}
elseif (!isset($modSettings['admin_areas_other']) || (isset($modSettings['admin_areas_other']) && $modSettings['admin_areas_other'] == 0) && allowedTo('global_announcements_admin'))
{
$context['admin_areas']['ga_admin'] = array(
'title' =>  $txt['global_announcements_mods'],
'areas' => array(
'ga_admin' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=globalAnnouncementsAdmin">' . $txt['global_announcements_admin'] . '</a>',
),
);
}

Changed
admin_areas_other'] == 1
to
admin_areas_other'] == 0

and the second listing of it

['admin_areas_other'] == 0
to
['admin_areas_other'] == 1

etdwh

Possible hacker/spammer attack??

I got this in my forum error log a few days ago.

You think you're funny right? Sorry buddy but you can't call an array here. Back away before the count of 3. 1... 2... 3... BOOM! Die you fool.
?amp;action=globalAnnouncements;id=http://www.pattibus.it/phplib-7.2b/pages/ilosi/dohigal/

Its repeated 3 times, with different URLs, and the same IP address each time (193.226.17.98)

I know the error msg is from Global Announcements, as i see the error message inside GlobalAnnouncementsAdmin.english.php

Not sure whats happening...

TrueSatan

Jay likes his Easter Egg code additions! The most likely answer is that you tried to call an array from within the Global Announcements and triggered his error report.

Does the ip relate to you or to any of your forum members?

JayBachatero

Quote from: etdwh on February 07, 2008, 08:33:50 PM
Possible hacker/spammer attack??

I got this in my forum error log a few days ago.

You think you're funny right? Sorry buddy but you can't call an array here. Back away before the count of 3. 1... 2... 3... BOOM! Die you fool.
?amp;action=globalAnnouncements;id=http://www.pattibus.it/phplib-7.2b/pages/ilosi/dohigal/

Its repeated 3 times, with different URLs, and the same IP address each time (193.226.17.98)

I know the error msg is from Global Announcements, as i see the error message inside GlobalAnnouncementsAdmin.english.php

Not sure whats happening...
I suggest you look into banning those ips.  Trying random exploits for different scripts trying to see if they work on SMF.  Look at the id part.  Trying to include a file.  RFI - Remote File Inclusion
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

etdwh

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 07, 2008, 11:01:26 PM
I suggest you look into banning those ips.  Trying random exploits for different scripts trying to see if they work on SMF.  Look at the id part.  Trying to include a file.  RFI - Remote File Inclusion

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the advise. That IP has been banned :-)

Quote from: TrueSatan on February 07, 2008, 09:30:12 PM
Jay likes his Easter Egg code additions! The most likely answer is that you tried to call an array from within the Global Announcements and triggered his error report.

Does the ip relate to you or to any of your forum members?

No, that IP is not from any of our members...looked more like exploits. So that IP has been banned :-)

SBurke930

I am trying to install this on a very clean install of 1.1.4.  I wanted to test the awards mod but that did not work on a clean install so I tried to install the other two mods you have listed.  The Admin Mods install worked great but the Global Announements will not install.  I get a "The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted. " error.

Is there an easy fix for this?

Paracelsus

I also get a corrupted file message...  :-\

Paracelsus

!Hachi!

i am getting this
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.
                    we upload all files and reinstall other mods and they are working fine.we also tried with dropped tables created by this mod but still no luck,.
any suggestions?
Happy Ramadan

Vinspire

Errr .... Is it compatible with SMF 1.1.4 ?

Advertisement: