News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Global Announcements

Started by JayBachatero, August 15, 2006, 02:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twistmystic

Hello Jay, i just installed your mod and i didnt find anything in this topic bout my problem. Here it is:

i installed your mod successfully and it all works. Except for downloaded themes. It works for default and it shows the Announcements and the Modifications section, but on the WoW theme i used the code:

//Global Announcements adminIndex text strings.
$txt['global_announcements_admin'] = 'Global Announcements';
$txt['global_announcements_mods'] = 'Mods';
$txt['whoallow_globalAnnouncementsAdmin'] = 'Managing the <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=globalAnnouncementsAdmin">Global Announcements</a>.';
$txt['whoall_globalAnnouncements'] = 'Viewing a Global Announcement';

and it showed the Modifications section and the Global Announcements, only thing it doesnt show is the ANnouncements on the forums. When i go to one of my threads It doesnt show the Global Announcements anywhere. But in Admin panel it shows the global announcements section.

Any ideas? If you already posted a solution, im sorry i must of misunderstood or i missed it.

JayBachatero

You need to edit the MessageIndex.template.php file for the custom theme.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

twistmystic

Sorry. Im new to SMF so idk what i should edit with what.

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

twistmystic

So i add this code to the messageindex.template.php ? or do i remove something and replace it?

JayBachatero

You add it.  Look at it.  It says to open the file for your theme and find the line.  After that it says add before.
Follow me on Twitter

twistmystic

What if i were to tell you i dont got the line

// Create the button set...
$normal_buttons = array(

I dont got that line at all. Here is the MessageIndex.Template.PHP [nofollow]
(note: I uploaded this to my server, it is the one im using for World of Warcraft theme!)

EDIT: Is every theme supose to have a Display.template.php? Cus mine does.

JayBachatero

No the only file that a theme *needs* to have is index.template.php then the rest are optional.  Also I cant download the file.
Follow me on Twitter

Robbins

Hey Jay... I registered here to ask you a few questions...     I run a programming community at www.undug.net [nofollow] and have SMF forums.  I've seen your announce mod, and want it quite a bit. Its for an older version than 1.0.8 if i've seen correctly, and it doesn't work right when i try and install it via the plugin manager. Is there anyway i can get it on my 1.0.8 forum with a non-default theme now? or do i have to wait until you put out another script... which reminds me, what scripts of this sort are currently in development, if any?   Thanks alot man, i appreciate the help.

Nick Robbins
Undug Net Admin

JayBachatero

Well none of my mods are written for 1.0.8.  With a few tweaks it might work.  Why not use 1.1 RC3?
Follow me on Twitter

twistmystic

Did you rightclick the link then save as?

JayBachatero

You can't right click and save as for a php file.
Follow me on Twitter

twistmystic

i Do it all the time. Im using firefox... let me check with IExplorer. Dont work in IExplorer, if you got Firefox then try that. But if that dont work tehn tell me where to send the file so you can recieve it or ill upload it somewhere.

JayBachatero

Email it to [email protected].  The reason as to why you cant download it is because the file its being parsed.
Follow me on Twitter

twistmystic

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

twistmystic

pbcnx

Quote from: Robbins on October 19, 2006, 08:39:23 PMI've seen your announce mod, and want it quite a bit. Its for an older version than 1.0.8 if i've seen correctly, and it doesn't work right when i try and install it via the plugin manager. Is there anyway i can get it on my 1.0.8 forum with a non-default theme now? or do i have to wait until you put out another script?

Yup, is there a mod for a 1.0.8? Thanks in advance :D

JayBachatero

twistmystic:  I added the code so that it shows announcements on that theme.

pbcnx: I don't see myself backporting this mod any time soon.  Specially now that 1.1 final is around the corner.
Follow me on Twitter

Robbins

jay, can't you just tweak it a little for 1.0.8...  dude, its like the only mod i want really bad, but i'm not that great with php.  please,  i would like it to work for 1.0.8.  isnt there anything you can do?

Advertisement: