News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Need informations on Simple Machines

Started by Cateyes, August 20, 2006, 12:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cateyes

I'd like to install a forum on some websites and i'm analyzing various software.
Google make me discover Simple Machines today: it looks promising and fast, but i'd like to ask some questions.

- The forums in general have a costant need of support in order to be secure: is there an rss feed or newsletter that announce updates and security patches?

- Does the script provide an rss feed of the last active threads ?

Thanks in advance for any answer! :D
Blog: hxxp:www.averagesizepenis.info [nonactive]

Harzem

Quote from: Cateyes on August 20, 2006, 12:15:59 PM
- The forums in general have a costant need of support in order to be secure: is there an rss feed or newsletter that announce updates and security patches?

Thanks in advance for any answer! :D

- You get mails about updates when you register here, which you've already done. Also, your admin panel always connects to simplemachines.org to get latest news. If a patch is released, you will learn it at the moment you've logged in to your admin panel.

- SMF has RSS support, just visit your admin panel to see the options.

I recommend you to use 1.1 RC2. Have a great forum!

Remaker

- The forums in general have a constant need of support in order to be secure: is there an rss feed or newsletter that announce updates and security patches?

Yes. Every new update is announced on this forum, and an e-mail newsletter it send to you.
Also, in the administration section of your forum is there a box with news.

Here's a look on the administration center of SMF 1.0.7:

Yes.

// edit: HarzeM  I didn't noticed your reply :)
Remaker - My blog - Actualitate.net

Advertisement: