News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

<deleted>

Started by dougiefresh, April 05, 2014, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EL34

I think that screen shot was after I had uninstalled version 1

Right after that I installed version 2 and that may be why there was no <<

BY the way DougieFesh

Thanks, the new 2.0 tab menu looks great
Forum History -> EZBoard -> YABB -> SMF 1.1.19 -> SMF 2.0.19

dougiefresh

Quote from: EL34 on June 14, 2014, 06:29:59 PM
Test forum = files were modded
Real forum = files were not modded so I made those mods by hand manually and all was just fine after that
Assuming the "test forum" is a local version/copy hosted on your machine and the "real forum" is hosted on an internet server, you need to check the file permissions on the real forum, as they may not be set right.  Go to the Package Manager -> File Permissions and set the file permissions to "Standard - key files writable" or "All files writable".  That may solve your problem with the package manager.  If it doesn't, then I don't know what will....

Quote from: ‽ on June 14, 2014, 06:32:52 PM
I hope the mod author updates this for 2.1 because you'll need it.
I plan on doing so.

Quote from: EL34 on June 14, 2014, 06:36:34 PM
You're welcome!  (btw, imho, you need to adjust the colors a little cause the screenshot doesn't look quite right for that theme :P )

EL34

Quote from: dougiefresh on June 14, 2014, 06:57:11 PM
Quote from: EL34 on June 14, 2014, 06:29:59 PM
Test forum = files were modded
Real forum = files were not modded so I made those mods by hand manually and all was just fine after that
Assuming the "test forum" is a local version/copy hosted on your machine and the "real forum" is hosted on an internet server, you need to check the file permissions on the real forum, as they may not be set right.  Go to the Package Manager -> File Permissions and set the file permissions to "Standard - key files writable" or "All files writable".  That may solve your problem with the package manager.  If it doesn't, then I don't know what will....

Quote from: ‽ on June 14, 2014, 06:32:52 PM
I hope the mod author updates this for 2.1 because you'll need it.
I plan on doing so.

Quote from: EL34 on June 14, 2014, 06:36:34 PM
You're welcome!  (btw, imho, you need to adjust the colors a little cause the screenshot doesn't look quite right :P )

Both forums are on my cloud server, which is a windows server
I'll have a look, but everything else on the forum runs fine and other mods have installed correctly Can't say what went wrong, but Ill have a look

Not sure what you are saying about the colors in my screen shot.
Colors may get reduced when saving as a .gif ???
The forum looks fine to me on my monitor

EL34

Yep, something got changed on the languages folder.
It did not have write permission
Sources was fine and all other folders were fine

I guess all other changes failed when the mod package could not write to the languages folder?

dougiefresh

Quote from: EL34 on June 14, 2014, 07:02:32 PM
Not sure what you are saying about the colors in my screen shot.
Colors may get reduced when saving as a .gif ???
The forum looks fine to me on my monitor
Ah, that's what I missed....  That's probably what happened  :P Okay, cool!  I like JPGs and/or PNGs.....  GIFs don't save right for some reason...

Quote from: EL34 on June 14, 2014, 07:02:32 PM
Both forums are on my cloud server, which is a windows server
I'll have a look, but everything else on the forum runs fine and other mods have installed correctly Can't say what went wrong, but Ill have a look
Quote from: EL34 on June 14, 2014, 07:14:59 PM
Yep, something got changed on the languages folder.
It did not have write permission
Sources was fine and all other folders were fine

I guess all other changes failed when the mod package could not write to the languages folder?
Can't imagine why the other changes would've failed....  Interesting....  Don't understand why it would've reported that it installed correctly, either...

EL34

I had the same thing happen on another mod, but but I did not think to investigate all the folder permissions

I installed that mod manually also.
It was a while ago and I forgot about it till just now.
Sources folder had write permissions, but languages did not

Both mods did not give any warnings, in fact all the file checks were ok before the install
When I went to uninstall your mod and try again is when I got the warnings.
The warnings of course say that the changes cannot be reversed because it cannot find those changes.

It's then that I looked inside the files to see if the changes and replacements had actually occurred, and they had not.

dougiefresh

Well, I'm glad you got your situation straightened out.  Hope you enjoy the mod!

EL34

Yes I do, thanks

Your tabbed admin menu mod should be incorporated as part of the core package

The stock admin menu is horrible.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.1 - June 16, 2014
o Fixed an undefined array index error in GenericTabs.template.php

EL34

Thanks for the update

How come I currently show version 2.0 installed and the new version is 1.1?

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.1 - July 28th, 2014
o Fixed an undefined array index error in GenericTabs.template.php

Quote from: EL34 on July 28, 2014, 09:01:42 AM
How come I currently show version 2.0 installed and the new version is 1.1?
That's because I messed up....  Version 2.1 implements the same change that v1.1 does.  I really shouldn't have introduced the admin area changes within this mod, though....  Now I can't seperate them....  Ugh....

Quote from: EL34 on June 19, 2014, 07:36:10 PM
The stock admin menu is horrible.
EDIT: Question and statement removed based on answer in this topic....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.2 - November 4th, 2014
o Made changes so that Anti-Spam section created by SMF 2.1-style Admin Area shows up under Security.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.2 - November 6th, 2014
o Fixed several undefined array index errors in GenericTabs.template.php

Uploaded v2.3 - November 6th, 2014
o Fixed several undefined array index errors in GenericTabs.template.php

Shambles

Lol, I think I have a bit of work to do with your mod on my test installation :D

dougiefresh

Yeah, would agree....  I think I need to figure out how to make the colors changable in the UI (somewhere) and make the tabs a single-line that's scrollable...  Both of those would definitely help....

Shambles

Most of it's actually great :)

Though you'll see from the top line of my screeny that I have a ?> at the bottom of my Admin.english.php, but the mod has added the text string after that  :P

Arantor

What would also help is mod authors not using ridiculously long titles for things.

dougiefresh

Since much confusion resulted from my previous attempt to split the version 1.x and 2.x lines of this mod into two seperate mods, I am discontinuing this mod.  The version 1.x line, the tabs-only version, will be serviced in Tabs for Admin & Moderator Menus.  The version 2.x line, the tabs plus the reorganization, will be serviced in New Package Manager & Mods Areas.  I have just submitted these mods, so I will have to wait for approval.