News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SmileyLimit

Started by snork13, August 22, 2006, 08:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumblonde

yes please update this for 1.1.5.  It is much needed to control the smiley freaks (me included) on my board  :o

nikoskar

Can we manual install it? Will work? Or we need to wait for the 1.1.5 version?
Very helpful mod.

Thank you very much.

Kimmie

I opened the package-info.xml file and added install for 1.1.5 and uninstall for 1.1.5 and mine installed fine.

Works great controlling smiley limits on new topics, normal replies, and quick replies. :)

Kimmie

I found a glitch hehehe. It treats the code and hide tags as smileys. I have mine set up to limit it to 3 smileys per post. I just tried to make a post on my site that had more than 3 sets of code and hide tags - there were NO smileys in the post whatsoever - and it would not let me post it. I received the message that I was only allowed 3 smileys per post and to go back and remove some of them. The minute I removed all the code and hide tags except for 3 (of each), it let me make the post.

(I use the code tags inside of my hide tags)

How do we fix this?

Kimmie

Bumping this up to see if anyone has a fix for the issue of it thinking code/hide tags are smileys

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Kimmie

bumping this up again in HOPES that someone knows how to fix this because its a real pain in the "u-know-what" lol.

It treats the code and hide tags as "smileys". I have mine set to 3 smileys as the limit and because of that, it will not let you put more than 3 sets of code/hide tags in a thread either.

AlenNS

This mod is something what I really need for my forum, but I'm using SMF 2.0 Beta 4
Could author of this mod please update it?

Thanks in advance. :)

Kimmie

It looks like the mod author has deserted this mod. I have sent them a pm to find out of they ever plan on addressing the issues with it

AlenNS

And I did, and nothing
Will someone takeover the mod?

Kimmie

well the last post this person made was on 11/25/08 here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=139202.msg1815739#msg1815739 which means they are still active on the site - so I know they got my message and probably yours as well.

The least they could do is come in here and tell folks they are no longer giving support on it instead of just downright ignoring folks and wasting everyones time thinking they are going to get some type of support on this mod from them. Pretty rude if you ask me ::). SMF needs to remove this mod since its old and nobody wants to help with it.

dumblonde

I think this mod needs to have the red warning added at the top saying that the author no longer supports it   >:(

ryozo

somebody should take over this mod...

snork13

Quote from: ryozo on January 06, 2009, 05:38:23 AM
somebody should take over this mod...

no is going to take over a mod without the authors permission, that said.... when i have time i will be updated all my mods

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Kimmie

Quoteno is going to take over a mod without the authors permission,

True, but if you are not willing to let someone else take over your mods, and you do not have time to maintain them yourself, the least you could do is let folks know that instead of making members who have been sitting here for months on end (including me) with problems, sit here with no response at all..lol.

I guess we can assume that is about as much of an apology as we will get..lol.

Let me know when you have my issue resolved. Thanks. :) (Its been almost 6 months, whats another month right? lol)

AlenNS

Quote from: Kimmie on January 25, 2009, 05:11:22 PM
Quoteno is going to take over a mod without the authors permission,

True, but if you are not willing to let someone else take over your mods, and you do not have time to maintain them yourself, the least you could do is let folks know that instead of making members who have been sitting here for months on end (including me) with problems, sit here with no response at all..lol.

I guess we can assume that is about as much of an apology as we will get..lol.

Let me know when you have my issue resolved. Thanks. :) (Its been almost 6 months, whats another month right? lol)
It's true. Either tell us when could we espect update of mod and support for people who has problems with this mod or let someone to take over the mod.

No support at all at this mod and no answer on pp we sent you.

snork13

I will be updated the mod when I have time. I would suggest in the meantime if you have problems with it, then please do not use it.

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

snork13

Quote from: Kimmie on August 30, 2008, 10:18:43 PM
I found a glitch hehehe. It treats the code and hide tags as smileys. I have mine set up to limit it to 3 smileys per post. I just tried to make a post on my site that had more than 3 sets of code and hide tags - there were NO smileys in the post whatsoever - and it would not let me post it. I received the message that I was only allowed 3 smileys per post and to go back and remove some of them. The minute I removed all the code and hide tags except for 3 (of each), it let me make the post.

(I use the code tags inside of my hide tags)

How do we fix this?

it has something to do with the hide tag mod, you will need to direct your question to the author of that modification. The code tag work just fine on my test forum.

-snork13
Mods

snork13

I updated for both 1.1.7 and 2.0 beta 4.  If someone wishes to give it a try. I attached it and will update the mod page soon.

-snork13
Mods

AlenNS

snork13

Quote from: AlenNS on January 27, 2009, 10:55:01 PM
I'll try now. :)

ok, please report back any problems and what version of smf you are using. If you do have problems please let me know the other modification you have installed.

-snork13
Mods

Advertisement: