News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF merge script

Started by gamesmad, August 26, 2006, 10:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JavaJones

Have been PM'ing with some people involved. It's "in progress" but no timeline. :(

I've got $100 on this script. Anyone else in? We can setup a contribution pool/bounty, any amount will help! Although they've said money won't make it go faster. :P

- Oshyan

Resourcez

hmm, I took a script that Oldiesmann provided,  fixed the code and added attachments and a couple of missed bits - successfully merged 2 SMF forums.

However, it was done on 2 forums with the same user database, so the merging of members and PMs is untested.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.
Bugs HereSupport HereDonationsProPackage Parser
TP 1.1 • SMF 1.1.21/2.0.9 • MySQL 5.6.23 PHP 5.4.42 Apache 2.4.12
(PMs not responded to - I provide a support site)

JavaJones

Hmm, that's highly intriguing. Is there an easy way to maintain posts and poster name without having them associated with an actual user? If so I'd be willing to discard the user database of one of my forums as long as I could keep all posts.

- Oshyan

Resourcez

This was done 3 months ago - to date, we haven't seen any irregularities in the merged forum.  We also had to convert 2 different types of DragonflyCMS forums before we merged (and converted a DragonflyCMS coppermine database), so we had some challenges.

In theory it should work just as well with merging the user databases - I just haven't tested it because I had no need for it.  Just duplicate your site and a database and test to be sure.

I fixed the code issues and left the extra member and PM stuff commented out.
btw, when I say "fixed", that's no reflection on Oldiesmann - quite obviously he just threw some untested code together on the fly, and made it clear it was untested :)

Download Here - code restored for full conversion.

If it does the job, please donate to Oldiesmann - whilst I modified the original considerably, I wouldn't have known where to start without his original.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.
Bugs HereSupport HereDonationsProPackage Parser
TP 1.1 • SMF 1.1.21/2.0.9 • MySQL 5.6.23 PHP 5.4.42 Apache 2.4.12
(PMs not responded to - I provide a support site)

JavaJones

Any update on this? I still have a great need for this, with integrated users preferably. Still have money on it, too. My timeline is more flexible now, but I'd like to do the project that depends on this within the next few months for sure.

Thanks!

- Oshyan

MuddHarryS

Has anyone used Resourcez script?

lordmenace

Quote from: MuddHarryS on January 30, 2007, 09:23:59 PM
Has anyone used Resourcez script?

I'd like to know this as well.

Gary

I did try it, but I tried it on 1.1.1 which was a no go, since the thing is for RC3.

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Advertisement: