News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

BGSOUND tag...

Started by Atomsk, May 11, 2004, 01:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atomsk

It would be great to add a tag to listen midis or mp3 directly in the page without download...

a tag like :

<BGSOUND SRC=midifile.mid loop=3>

Grudge

I will cut off my face if anyone adds this :P
I'm only a half geek really...

[Unknown]

I can understand the niche need for this, and in cases it is as great as the need for "board administrators" or "user joinable groups" and the like.

But just like those, for most people it's not necessary... and frankly, also very very annoying.  If a bgsound element was available here, we would get support topics with some foo screeching "HELP ME!" in the background.  I would die in a mental institution.

So.. no.  I think this won't go in as a standard feature, because a lot of people are annoyed by it.  If it were to be done, it would have to be a user-level option... and I would say a mod.  But, that doesn't mean it can't be written, or you can't have it - just that it probably won't find it in the base distribution.

Just like Doom 3 doesn't come with Windows 2003 Server.  Corporations would have Microsoft's head.... even if it was no extra charge.

-[Unknown]

Oldiesmann

The folks over at YaBB SM made a thing where you can embed sounds and stuff in posts. Interesting feature, but should only be a mod. Otherwise it could get abused easily, plus it slows things down for folks who aren't fortunate enough to have DSL or Broadband.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Ben_S

Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Advertisement: