News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

The myspace technique!!

Started by samames, September 02, 2006, 07:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samames

I thought of using myspace.com as a way to earn my forum extra traffic was quite cool, if anyone else likes the sound of this idea and wants some one to add as a 'friend' then you can add me! www.myspace.com/onfireforums  :D
Firefox 3 user. Mac user. Pc user.

Deaks

quite an interesting idea, I set up a myspace group for a forum I work on, its been quite succesfull.

Pagan Forum Myspace Group

I really need to update mine, but yeh I like your profile look :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

samames

:) thanks mate. I've added you as a friend...
:D

TheGamer

This is the number one way to promote arcade websites. Statistics have shown! ;)

I have a friend with 2500+ friends, and once a week he puts out a bulletin advertising my arcade to all his friends. It really helps. Plus, on each game on my arcade, there's a code to copy and paste the game to your myspace, which people also love.

The reason its so awesome for arcades is because everyone looking at MySpace has too much time on their hands. People with too much time are your main target for advertising something like an arcade.

samames

Yeah i'd agree, I think for most forums, people with time are a good target.
any chance he could do a bulletin for my site ??? ;D

Der Spark

I personally can't stand MySpace, but I think you're right about the potential for generating traffic, so I might just have to try it.
I'm a morning person - if you count the hours after midnight.

Skipdawg

The concept dose sound like it has allot of potential.  ;)
Skipdawg's Community