Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Started by gamer6969, September 01, 2006, 09:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamer6969

It's been 2 months. I have only 20 members. (about 4 created by me  :D). But I don't know what else to do. I've submitted to search engines, and included the link on sigs on different websites.

Check it out and leave feedback here to help me get my forum going.

(I don't mean to advertise i'm just looking for help)
www.pcgamingboards.com [nofollow]

Skipdawg

Some boards take allot of patients and time to go anywhere. For 2 months you don't have allot of content. start adding some relative to your forum and make it look busy. if it looks dead folks won't take a 2ed look.

If you have the web space maybe start a blog that talk about it. search bots jump in blogs.

Join other forums that allow links in the Sig or have link sharing boards and get the word out that way too. The more visible and the more active the better.

But it depends on what you want too. I've got 3 boards all small but keep them active and some members help.

Also the Summer months can be the toughest time for new forums. I've noticed the forums slow down allot May - August. If normal It should pick up some now and maybe if you make your forum more visible in the right place you can get it to take off now.

Good luck. I know there are allot of gammers out there. Just have to let them find you.  ;)
Skipdawg's Community