Restoring an existing MySQL db to NEW Hosting: an useful hint and a help request

Started by xt600, August 28, 2006, 01:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xt600

Hi to everyone, I've experienced an useful way to restore a medium-large MySQL database (my one was about 200 Megs large...). After looking (an testing too...) for an easy-to-use tool to restore the  database of my forum (that was still backed-up on my local PC thru the C-panel utility...) and after founding that was impossible (for me...) to restore all my database using the PHP MyAdmin interface, iv'e discovered  MySQL ADMINISTRATOR 1.2.2 beta (GPL) downloaded from http://www.mysql.com/products/tools/administrator/ and solved many problems to restore and manage easily (and for free too!) my database! ;)
Now "the" question: the original db was placed over a server that run with the character set "latin-1" but, after restoring to the new server, I've found near all my tables a new column named "collaption" and I can see "cp1251_general_ci" character set instead of "latin-1" and this causes many mis-typing problems using the forum : could you suggest me anything to solve this? :( Thank you! :D

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: