News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

joomla/SMF module creation....

Started by lickityspliff, August 30, 2006, 07:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lickityspliff

ok since i think im going to change my whole site and use joomla and simple machines forums instead of phpnuke which is a bit dated.... with joomla the learning curve is different, and im not quite sure how im going to use the user tables and ect.....

I need to make a lottery system module for my users, i will try to explain each aspect as clearly as possible. if you could point me to the right files or help me out with the code needed or the code to edit or any small contribution to this i would be very appreciative, if you see a good way to work something out even just a part that would be awesome.

I need to add a field to my user tables for a STEAM ID (which is used in the game counter-strike, if any of you are familiar with it, a unique player number that looks like STEAM_0:0:0000000)
users should be able to add it when they register or in their profile.

I would also add a table for the lottery module it would hold a yes or no value, either the user is entered in the contest or not

then when the page/block loads it checks the entered value and displays the correct content:
.if user is not registered at all show please register link
.if no STEAM ID value is present in user table, show a form in the page/block, to save their ID to their user table. then recheck and add to lottery entered table.
.if value in entered table equals no then show button to enter.
.if value in entered table equals yes show a thank you image.

.on user submit of the enter button it should get their name, steamid, from the website db and add it to a entered list in another table.

then...:

option b.)
in the administration part of this have manual editing features
.show all entered contestants
.show a empty contestants from table button
.show a form to add winners to a winning table list
.show winners in list
.show extra information like xp amounts and what not to help admin calculate amounts
and i could edit the xp tables manually with something like phprunner or give it to them in game

OR if you really wanted to go all out like i would love it we can go with:

option a.)
On a weekly basis, it would randomly select a contestant on the set day, use the steam id to get thier level(1-40) and experience amount from the xp database table,  it would add their xp amount with the amount of xp their level gets for winning and update their xp table accordingly, then pm or email the user, and add them to a winners list, remove all contestants from the past week and start fresh.
or something close to that.

like i said any help at all is appreciated
THANKS

lickityspliff

*bump*
i know it seems like a big order but im not asking for someone to plop it down in my lap,
im asking for someone to teach me a few things show me some examples of how parts might work

mainly where to start....

also i have like 400+ members on my phpnuke/phpbb site, im gonna need to convert them over, atleast thier name and pw... is that possible?

Advertisement: