News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Who Voted What?

Started by Søren Bjerg, August 30, 2006, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VividViews

I love this mod and tried it using 1.1 RC3 then 1.1 final.  But now I have a clean install of SMF 1.1.1 and this mod can't be installed anymore.  I tried tweaking the packageinfo to add 1.1.1 for the install version but ultimately got a parse error so I stopped my effort.

Can this be updated to work with SMF 1.1.1?   BIG thanks.

Søren Bjerg

I'll probably get around to do something about it tomorrow...

EDIT: I promise I'll fix it up this upcoming week, not having to go to work... going to merge the two alternatives into a single package as well.
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

kriskd

Quote from: Søren Bjerg on December 19, 2006, 04:23:59 PM
I'll probably get around to do something about it tomorrow...

EDIT: I promise I'll fix it up this upcoming week, not having to go to work... going to merge the two alternatives into a single package as well.

I'm new to this mod and after reading through this will wait to install it until these little things are fixed and the merge of the two alternatives takes place. 

Thanks for your hard work, Søren!
SMF 2.0.2

Søren Bjerg

Alright, working on the modification... but seems like the 1.1 release should work out of the box for SMF 1.1.1. Couldn't find any changes in the search parameters, and it works nicely on a fresh SMF 1.1.1 installation, but oh well... working on merging the two 1.1 releases then :).
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

Søren Bjerg

An updated version for 1.1.1 (native support for 1.1.1 only) is now available - hope it works (it did on my fresh locally installed SMF 1.1.1, mind)!

http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=347

kriskd

Okay, slight problem... after I vote, the results are not available even though "Show the poll's results to anyone" is selected.  Am I just missing something?
SMF 2.0.2

kriskd

Okay, slight correction, I changed it to "table view" and it seems to work properly.  Is the "select box" option not supposed to show how the voting is going to anyone?  How and where can the admin get the results and who voted for what with this view?
SMF 2.0.2

kriskd

Okay, sorry about that, I needed to put the various text variables in my index.english.php file and now the select boxes are working at they should. I might have to mess around with the colors because the gray at the bottom of the select boxes doesn't show up well in my template.

Again, great mod!
SMF 2.0.2

DaBoROE09

i can not get this to work properly...can someone please help me i would like to know this being the admin and owner of the website.

Loverboy

Quote from: kriskd on December 30, 2006, 02:45:02 PM
Okay, slight problem... after I vote, the results are not available even though "Show the poll's results to anyone" is selected.  Am I just missing something?

I've got the same problems .. could you explain how you fixed it all?

kriskd

Quote from: Loverboy on December 30, 2006, 06:41:48 PM

No problem.  :)

You need to put the following in your index.english.php file which can be found in your default/languages file.

// [Who Voted What?]
$txt['poll_view_voters_expand_to_view'] = 'Expand to view:';
$txt['poll_view_voters_expanded_help1'] = 'Select a name to view';
$txt['poll_view_voters_expanded_help2'] = 'the member\'s profile...';
$txt['cannot_poll_view_voters'] = 'Sorry, you\'re not allowed to view which members voted for what option in the poll.';
$txt['permissionname_poll_view_voters'] = 'View voters';
$txt['permissionhelp_poll_view_voters'] = 'This permission allows people to see which members voted for what option in a poll.';
$txt['whovotedwhatMode'] = 'Who Voted What? mode';
$txt['whovotedwhatMode0'] = 'Select Box';
$txt['whovotedwhatMode1'] = 'Table View';

I've had to add other variables to this file with other mods and prefer to put them at the end where I can easily find them should I have to uninstall a mod at some point in the future.
SMF 2.0.2

Loverboy

It still does not show the results

RoarinRow

Quote from: kriskd on December 30, 2006, 09:05:58 PM
Quote from: Loverboy on December 30, 2006, 06:41:48 PM

No problem.  :)

You need to put the following in your index.english.php file which can be found in your default/languages file.

// [Who Voted What?]
$txt['poll_view_voters_expand_to_view'] = 'Expand to view:';
$txt['poll_view_voters_expanded_help1'] = 'Select a name to view';
$txt['poll_view_voters_expanded_help2'] = 'the member\'s profile...';
$txt['cannot_poll_view_voters'] = 'Sorry, you\'re not allowed to view which members voted for what option in the poll.';
$txt['permissionname_poll_view_voters'] = 'View voters';
$txt['permissionhelp_poll_view_voters'] = 'This permission allows people to see which members voted for what option in a poll.';
$txt['whovotedwhatMode'] = 'Who Voted What? mode';
$txt['whovotedwhatMode0'] = 'Select Box';
$txt['whovotedwhatMode1'] = 'Table View';

I've had to add other variables to this file with other mods and prefer to put them at the end where I can easily find them should I have to uninstall a mod at some point in the future.

Actually, the file I modified was the Modification.english.php file.

I found that the package did not place the new code in the right place.  I found this before the code:

?>
// [Who Voted What?] . . .

I removed the ?> and put it at the end of the file instead of the beginning of the code.  That removed the text from top of the forum and made the mod work. 

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Ninoslav

I keep getting the

8: Undefined index: whovotedwhatMode
File: home\newsmf\Themes\default\Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 47

error... can you see what it is?
∑∆T M∑! :)

Søren Bjerg

I could imagine it had something to do with the text definitions not being added to the language file, but as don't really know the ins-and-outs of how the system works, I can't say for sure...

Ninoslav

So there is no chance :(

EDIT: I've switched to table view and it works! Good enough for me!
∑∆T M∑! :)

lemur21

I've got an interesting dilemma --

I upgraded my theme, so I uninstalled all my mods and reinstalled them when the theme was upgraded.

Most of the mods work 100% fine -- this one does too, basically.

But, for some reason, now, when I view the poll responders, it lists every twice. Not in order, per se...

If, for example, before, my responders were:

Bill
Frank
John

Now, the responders read:

Bill
Frank
John
Bill
Frank
John

Any idea what happened here, or how I can fix it?

Chris

Søren Bjerg

I'm probably wrong, but the only reason I can think of right now - based on what I've read about similar behaviour with other modifications - is if the modification has not been completely uninstalled and certain parts of it was left in the source, causing duplicate entires on reinstallation of the modification.

lemur21

That's very possible - but I'm way out of my element here in determining what to remove.

Could I attach the files here, and - maybe - you could take a quick look at them?

Chris

Glitch

Quote from: corruptor on September 13, 2006, 02:37:27 PM
www.theindelible.com/files/phperror.png

not sure why it faile on an else statement...

What that error message is telling you is that it's not expecting to find "else" - so that means that you have a problem with either your quotes, your curly braces, or the "if" itself

Advertisement: