News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Who Voted What?

Started by Søren Bjerg, August 30, 2006, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren Bjerg

Within the end of the week I should have an updated version (a new version, really, as I'll be rewriting it) ready.

Sorry for the delay.
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

Søren Bjerg

WVW v1.1.3 for SMF v1.1.3 has been posted.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=347

Note: the modification comes disabled on install, please enable by choosing 'Select Box' or 'Table View' in Features and Options. Member groups must be given the 'View voters' permission to be able to make use of the modification as well.
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

en_shua

To upgrade my installation of this mod from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 do I have to uninstall and then install the new one?

Søren Bjerg

Aye, no upgrade script is available.

en_shua

Thanks.  I edited the file to allow an uninstall for SMF 1.1.3, performed the uninstall, and then installed the new version.  Worked like a champ.  Thanks.

albescent

Søren, is there any way to tag Who Voted What with the Date/time they voted?
I use this mod to manage sign-ups for events and usually there is a limit to the number of people who I can allow to attend. if there are 10 spots available and 14 people vote yes i have no way to know who the first 10 people who signed up are. I'd rather not have to sit on the polls and lock voting based on my own reactions for lots of reasons one of many being that the (in the example) 4 extra people that signed up get to be on "on Call" status if one of the first 10 cant make it or doesnt show. Right now i'm requiring members to vote and reply which seems kind of redundant to me.

Søren Bjerg

Quote from: albescent on August 22, 2007, 05:46:07 PM
Søren, is there any way to tag Who Voted What with the Date/time they voted? [...]
It doesn't look like SMF stores the voting date/time in the database, so that functionality would have to be modified, but I'll see what I can do.

Alternatively, if you remove the ORDER BY m.realName from the SQL query in the WVW modification, I think it orders the results based on when they were added to the database.

MoreBloodWine

Hey soren im not a skilled coder by any means but couldnt you maybe set it up to grab the time from the forum or something and have it tagged that way... Like my forum is off set by two hours from my server so like if the forum time is displayed as lets say 2:43pm and someone votes at that time then the mod would see the forum displayed time as 2:43pm and tag the vote with that... So when someone clicks the dropdown they would now see the members name as expected and in that same dropdown they would see the time of the vote to the right of the voters name... Sorry if this sound weird but typing a message on a phone isnt easy heh... But hope you kinda get what im saying...
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Søren Bjerg

No worries; I follow what you're saying, and adding a new field with the timestamp (server's time) of the vote is how I'd do it too.

MoreBloodWine

Cool but what i was getting at was having it "stamped" with the forums displayed time not the server time because not everyone has the same time as their server... Like literally right now i have 2:58am so my server would be 12:58am and the time stamp would preferably have to be the forums displayed time since like i said not everyone is on the same as their server... Hope this clears up what i actually meant a little...
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

albescent

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 23, 2007, 02:58:10 AM
Cool but what i was getting at was having it "stamped" with the forums displayed time not the server time because not everyone has the same time as their server... Like literally right now i have 2:58am so my server would be 12:58am and the time stamp would preferably have to be the forums displayed time since like i said not everyone is on the same as their server... Hope this clears up what i actually meant a little...
Thank you both for the prompt responses!
Actually having it stamped with server time would probably be best, that way we have an absolute  measure of Who Voted What, and When. FYI I'm using this for Signups for my World Of Warcraft Guild events, so we have members all over the world signing up. I'd hate to see someone on GMT lose out to someone on PST because of the -8 hour time difference.
I was also thinking that a field could be added to the smf_log_polls table that could store the Date/Time, but as I have very little php/sql experience I have no clue how to make the added field or make the vote button relay that information. I really do appreciate all the help.

MoreBloodWine

Well another thing to consider if at all possible could be to add an option somewhere in admin that lets the user decide wether or not to timestamp the "votes" with either server or forum time for those of us whos forums are offset from the server time...

Edit : BTW albescent... what server you on I'm on BWL for WoW...

albescent

Quote from: Søren Bjerg on August 23, 2007, 02:13:06 AM
Alternatively, if you remove the ORDER BY m.realName from the SQL query in the WVW modification, I think it orders the results based on when they were added to the database.
I'm sure this would work if i weren't such a dummy about php and sql commands, but  when i remove the ORDER BY m.realName I get this error:
Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

@MoreBloodWine guild Ñemesis on Lightninghoof

ok, I'm just a retard, I got it working now. but it doesnt appear to reflect the actual order, and i'm not sure why.

Jason04R

Hi Guys,

How do i get it too look like this?

Thanks

2pac

Søren Bjerg

Quote from: albescent on August 23, 2007, 02:24:03 PM
[...] ok, I'm just a retard, I got it working now. but it doesnt appear to reflect the actual order, and i'm not sure why.
Sorry for the delay, I'll see if I can find some time this weekend.

Quote from: Jason04R on September 06, 2007, 08:38:32 PM
Hi Guys,

How do i get it too look like this?

Thanks
Errr... what has that screen shot got to do with polls and this modification?

albescent

Quote from: Søren Bjerg on September 07, 2007, 01:12:15 AM
Quote from: albescent on August 23, 2007, 02:24:03 PM
[...] ok, I'm just a retard, I got it working now. but it doesnt appear to reflect the actual order, and i'm not sure why.
Sorry for the delay, I'll see if I can find some time this weekend.

Søren,
  Thanks you are a god send. I appreciate the time you invest here helping those of us who dont know php from a hole in the ground.

mariolone

Does it works with SMF 1.1.4.? I tried to install it but the mod installer said me "Mod corrupted or not compatible with your version".

I am really interested in this mod and I would like to use it in SMF 1.1.4.: someone could help me?

Best regards and compliment for this really useful mod !

majestic13

same problem here or is there a manuel install needed?

edit
modified the 1.1.3 - worked, thanks

jossanaijr

Can I choose which polls it will be enable and which polls it is not enabled?  If yes, how?  If not, can this be added in next release?
Thanks

Advertisement: