News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Who Voted What?

Started by Søren Bjerg, August 30, 2006, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoccoGD

Quote from: majestic13 on October 10, 2007, 02:43:03 PM
same problem here or is there a manuel install needed?

edit
modified the 1.1.3 - worked, thanks

im very glad for you, that you finally made it working,
but it would be an unbeliveable task if you can help also others with the same problem.
can you upload the working mod for 1.1.4?
or a few words what we have to do, to make the mod with 1.1.4 work.
big thx

PNatal

Quote from: RoccoGD on October 21, 2007, 07:29:26 AM
(...)
can you upload the working mod for 1.1.4?
or a few words what we have to do, to make the mod with 1.1.4 work.
big thx

I'd like to see this mod working on 1.1.4 too...
If you can spare the time I would also apreciate it.

Thanx

Tesslys

I hope also there comes a update for 1.1.4.

RoccoGD

klick here for a way to get this mod version 1.1.3 to work with 1.1.4
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=15259.0
akabugeyes  was very patienceful and guided me through the troubles.

Ming the Merciless

I uploaded the 1.1.3 package to the hxxp:www.smfhacks.com/packageparser/package.php [nonactive], told it I had 1.1.3 (I'm on 1.1.4) and made the changes manually and it works fine for me so far.

JayP

Hi,

I have been struggling to get this mod working on just a newly installed board (v1.1.4), using the default template.

It seems that the mod is coded to search for the specific version number, which is warned against in supporting docs. I modified the v.1.1.3 mod by replacing any reference to 1.1.3 with 1.1.4, and the system was able to install it without it recognizing a problem. After installation, I checked the modified files and saw the necessary changes. However, even as the administrator, I don't see any boxes or pull-down menus that would show which users have voted for each polling option. In the control panel, I do see the option to allow "View Voters," but even if it's checked off, the voters don't show up.

I don't PHP so I was just hunting around the lines of code wondering if there were some variables changed in the upgrade from 1.1.3 to .4. I wanted to test it out on v.1.1.3 of the board, but all of the archived files I tried seem to be incomplete (only around 200k).

I think that this mod needs an update to work on 1.1.4. Either way, I could really use some assistance.

Thank you,
Jay

JayP

:o  *Slaps forehead*

Silly me, it wasn't the code that was tripping me up, it was my lack of finding the field to select in the Control Panel to turn the view on to either Select Box or Table View. *ugh* Well, chalk that one up to user error.

Jay

mariolone

Quote from: majestic13 on October 10, 2007, 02:43:03 PM
same problem here or is there a manuel install needed?

edit
modified the 1.1.3 - worked, thanks
sorry?

mariolone

Quote from: mariolone on October 02, 2007, 08:39:16 AM
Does it works with SMF 1.1.4.? I tried to install it but the mod installer said me "Mod corrupted or not compatible with your version".

I am really interested in this mod and I would like to use it in SMF 1.1.4.: someone could help me?

Best regards and compliment for this really useful mod !

Someone could help me? Thank you!

mariolone

Quote from: mariolone on October 02, 2007, 08:39:16 AM
Does it works with SMF 1.1.4.? I tried to install it but the mod installer said me "Mod corrupted or not compatible with your version".

I am really interested in this mod and I would like to use it in SMF 1.1.4.: someone could help me?

Best regards and compliment for this really useful mod !

No replies?

jossanaijr

Did you trie to redownload the file?
Also you could try this as already explained in page 7:

Using WinZip or another program, unzip the files to a folder. Go into that folder and right-click package-info.xml . Find the two places where it says
for="1.1.2" and replace them with for="1.1.2,1.1.3,1.1.4"

Using WinZip (or whatever you're using) again, select the package-info file and the modification file, and right-click them. Select "add to (name).zip"

You can then install this mod just like any other. Once it's installed, go to your Admin area and then to Features and Options (on the left). Near the top should be an option for "Who Voted What? mode" - change it to "Table View".

mariolone

oh, reallly nice! Now it works,I attached the mod compatible with smf 1.1.4.

Thank you

jdvarner

mariolone, i used your version and i get display.template error. actually got that error with the original version as well. suspect another mod is interfering with this one. suggestions?

Kindred

I suggest that people be careful with mods attached to messages.   If it did not get verified through the SMF mod process, we have no idea what may be included in that package.... if it is good code or even if it works.

That being said, Mods conflicting is a definite possibility. It would help if we knew what mods you have installed.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ol' Wombat

Actually it should not be allowed to post uncertified mods!

The mod scene already is like a walk in the jungle - you never know what happens to you next.

MothMan

I edited the package-info.xml to allow install/uninstall for 1.1.4, and the mod installs fine, and runs fine.

However, I later decided to uninstall the mod.

The uninstall check indicates everything passes.

However, when I actually select to go ahead with the uninstall, I get the following error:

----

Database Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE FROM smf_settings WHERE variable='whovotedwhatMode' LIMI
File: /home/content/o/t/h/othersi/html/Packages/temp/wvwDB.php
Line: 5

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.4, while your database is at version 1.10. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

----

I'm reluctant to try running the Upgrade script, as I'm afraid of losing all my mods... we've tweaked our forum substantially through mods, some of which had to be installed manually... so I'm reluctant to overwrite all that with the upgrade files.

Any chance someone can spot an error in the wvwDB.php file, which I could edit myself, in order to get it to run properly during the uninstall?

ie.  the error says there is a SQL syntax error in the file... can anyone find that error, and let me know how to correct it?

gameballa

thats because there is a for=uninstall as well that you need to change to 1.1.4 also..
Online Videogame Competitions = Play 4 Free or 4 Cash @ GamerComp.com

"The only way you will ever have peace is if you no longer believe the lie is true"

Ol' Wombat

Feel the jungle?  :D

sorry could not resist

MothMan

Gameballa, thanks, but that's not the problem, I edited that portion of the package-info.xml.

The problem is with the wvwDB.php file, not the package-info.xml file.

Anyone else?

MothMan

Advertisement: