News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Who Voted What?

Started by Søren Bjerg, August 30, 2006, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darth_dionysus

I'll put another vote in for somebody adapting this mod for 2.0 RC1-1.  Any takers?

Mayhem30

Could someone please tell me how to uninstall this mod? (Second request)

It can't be done via package manager.

Thanks.

Gandalf123

You need to emulate back to the SMF version you had when you installed it.
Go to the package manager, once there, append --> ;emulate_version=1.1.x <--- in the url where 1.1.x would be the version you had when you installed this mod.
The uninstall button will then appear for you so you can uninstall it.

Mayhem30

No, that's not the issue.

This is the message I'm getting :

This package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!
Please contact the mod author for more information.

Mayhem30

I'm not getting any "uninstall button".

Would there be any issues if I manually typed this in the URL box?

http://www.pogocheats.net/forum/index.php?action=packages;sa=uninstall;package=who_voted_what_1-1-3-Editedfor1.1.8.zip

asifnur

can i have yhis for 1.1.9 please

Paracelsus

A quick tuning:

Those who get lots (thousands) of errors in their forum logs with elements like "option", "bar", "vote", etc, check this in Display.template.php:

<td nowrap="nowrap">

And change it to:
<td style="white-space:nowrap;">

I think it's more "XHTML compliant" and it worked for me. ;)

patestuta

Has anybody been able to install some version to 2.0 RC1-1?

Søren Bjerg

Sorry for falling off the face of Earth once again, but I'll happily give permission to someone else to take over the development of the modification.
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

goforit

Quote from: Søren Bjerg on July 12, 2009, 06:37:56 AM
Sorry for falling off the face of Earth once again, but I'll happily give permission to someone else to take over the development of the modification.
The install worked for me, and option all work, at the moment i have a drop down next to each option in the poll, the only thing i need to know; how does it select who voted, is it by IP or is it by username?... reason i ask is because if for example 10 people voted in one choice, many more than 10 people are listed in the drop down menu, this suggests to me that the selection is chosen based on IP...is this correct and if so, could it be changed to username?

Reason why is that AOL and some other companies use proxy IPs which means different users use the same proxy IP..so anyone using say AOL and voted in that poll, the poll will show more than one vote, it will show every member who using AOL in that region.

Søren Bjerg

Quote from: goforit on July 19, 2009, 07:07:46 AM
The install worked for me, and option all work, at the moment i have a drop down next to each option in the poll, the only thing i need to know; how does it select who voted, is it by IP or is it by username?... reason i ask is because if for example 10 people voted in one choice, many more than 10 people are listed in the drop down menu, this suggests to me that the selection is chosen based on IP...is this correct and if so, could it be changed to username?

Reason why is that AOL and some other companies use proxy IPs which means different users use the same proxy IP..so anyone using say AOL and voted in that poll, the poll will show more than one vote, it will show every member who using AOL in that region.
It should - if I remember correctly - pull the votes cast from the database table. That's at least how it worked initially.
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

goforit

Quote from: Søren Bjerg on July 19, 2009, 07:36:19 AM
Quote from: goforit on July 19, 2009, 07:07:46 AM

It should - if I remember correctly - pull the votes cast from the database table. That's at least how it worked initially.
thanks for the quick reply... i have just checked the way it looks again and noticed that it does not count users from IP, i noticed in my case that the extra names are not extra at all, they are double, the names are correct to the reported total, but in the drop down it shows two lists of the same names...that is what confused me...is their a way of editing some code to sort this out?

Eliana Tamerin

Søren, is there any chance you're interested in updating this for SMF 2.0? Or are you just looking to get rid of the mod?
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Søren Bjerg

In all honestly I haven't followed development of SMF since... uhh, I think my forum was left at 1.1.3 when I found a use for it again.

I could probably set up a development environment and delve into how stuff works - or will work in 2.0 - in SMF to make a 2.0 version of the modification, though a more able and experienced coder would probably be preferred (my code may work - sometimes - but it isn't exactly pretty)?

Rehash D Internet

I'd love this for 1.1.10. This was one of my favourite mods.

sepulchre

I hope someone takes up the mod for v2.0 as this would be very handy for me :)

[A-US]James246

Nothing seems to happen when I install it and apply it.

I can't see any options to see who voted for what or anything.

Please help! Thanks!

drhamza

Søren, can't you just give the permission for gandalf to add the 2.0 version... that would be very kind of you
thanks in advance

giovannie_a2a

I would love to see this mod working for SMF 2.0 1-2

[A-US]James246

Quote from: [A-US]James246 on July 28, 2009, 08:31:33 AM
Nothing seems to happen when I install it and apply it.

I can't see any options to see who voted for what or anything.

Please help! Thanks!

Anyone? Help?

Advertisement: