News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Who Voted What?

Started by Søren Bjerg, August 30, 2006, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinker

[A-US]James246 - Have you checked the mod settings in Features and Options > Basic Features > Who Voted What? mode?

You need to select either "select box" or "table view". It defaults to disabled when the mod is first installed.

[A-US]James246

I re-installed it and it worked, but now there is an error.

It shows up the peoples name twice.

E.G.

Question:      What MW2 edition will you get?
Normal    -
[A-US]James246 [A-US]James246    1    100%
Prestige    -
   0    0%
Hardened    -
   0    0%
   Lock Voting
Edit Poll
Total Voters: 1

It shows up the name of the voter twice.

How can I fix this?

Blinker

You've probably got some code doubled up somewhere from the multiple installs.

You're going to have to look through all the files the mod edits and search for the code it inserts. Anywhere you see the code appearing twice you'll need to edit out the duplicate code.

[A-US]James246

What file would this be in?

Blinker

All the files that the mod has edited. You need to go to the mod's page here - http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=347

Select v1.1.9 (I assume that's the one you're using) and then select SMF v1.1.9 from the dropdown menu and click "parse".

That will show you all the files from your forum that the mod edits. You are going to have to manually check every one of them. Do you know how to do that? If not follow this link - Manual Installation of Mods

FightToTheDeath

How can i make it work with 1.1.10 ?

Kroy

another bump if anyone would be willing to take this one on for 2.0 1-1, 1-2. Much appreciated.

Though, it should include an option to set on poll creation whether or not the poll participants are visible rather than all Mods/admin seeing all polls?

aw06

:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Sabre™

Attached is the package which will work on smf 1.1.10
I will remove it when the mod author has time to update :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

wilsy

Quote from: Sabre™ on September 07, 2009, 12:23:01 AM
Attached is the package which will work on smf 1.1.10
I will remove it when the mod author has time to update :)

Hi Sabre,

Im getting - The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Any ideas?

Busy RewindBikers offered to Good Home! 1000+ members, loads of mods, SMF Gallery PRO, TinyPortal installed with great use of blocks, ultimate profiles, PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS (works flawlessly), great theme, 1,500 posts per month - PM or email me if interested.

Sabre™

Yep, my bad mate, I just read up on why it wasn't working.
Try this attached one.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Ezechiele

Nameless?

will this be upgraded to 2.0 rc1.2 ?

TwitchisMental

This would be a great 2.0 mod.

Sabre™

It looks easy enough to port to SMF2, but writing the db part is where I usually fall short when updating mods for my own use.
Since I know nothing about that sort of stuff, I think it may be a good time to learn huh? lol ;)
I think someone is updating this mod anyhow.
But if not, I'll give it a shot sometime next week.
A 'reminding' bump would be good maybe on Tuesday if you're interested, otherwise I may forget

Eliana Tamerin

I've rewritten this for 2.0, I'm just working on the templating stuff. I'd like to handle it with JS instead of having ugly dropdown boxes or a bunch of names staring out at you. So hopefully, the interface shouldn't look too different than what normal users see.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Sabre™

Nice!
Thanks for the update Eliana :)

villasg

Quote from: Sabre™ on September 10, 2009, 06:27:34 PM
Yep, my bad mate, I just read up on why it wasn't working.
Try this attached one.

Hi sabre can i ask you ?
This " who_voted_what_1-1-x.zip"  from quoted post work in my 1.1.10 smf ?
Please tell me or upload a workink version fro 1.1.10 .
Thanks and sorry !

Sabre™

Yes buddy, it will work for smf 1.1.10 :)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on September 11, 2009, 07:24:01 PM
I've rewritten this for 2.0, I'm just working on the templating stuff. I'd like to handle it with JS instead of having ugly dropdown boxes or a bunch of names staring out at you. So hopefully, the interface shouldn't look too different than what normal users see.
Thanks for updating it :D.

Advertisement: