BBC Permissions Mod

Started by winrules, September 01, 2006, 12:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfroSamurai

Hi everyone!  :)

So, I just wanted to know if the work on this wonderful MOD is still in progress? Are all the bugs fixed? I would really like to use it on my forum when it will be functioning correctly.

Thanks for your answers.

AfroSamurai.

TrueSatan

@ AfroSamurai

The developer, winrules, indicates that he is on hiatus so my advice to you would be to take that as an indication that he may not have time to make the number of changes replies on this topic indicate may be required. At some, undetermined, time in the future this may change and the requests may all be answered but for now either use the mod as it is or not...the choice is yours.

AfroSamurai

OK thanks for your answer TrueSatan...

Just would like to know if some of you people have tested it with the corrections that some users have put in the topic... is it enough to make it work fine or is there still some issues? Because if its just the changes of codes that where posted, I can manage to copy/past it on my own.

TrueSatan

If I were you I'd open a test forum...a fresh install of SMF 1.1.3 on a fresh database...and try it in that. The modifications posted may be perfectly fine but seeing as we've no way to judge how well or extensively they've been tested, and the developer of this mod may not have had time to review them, you would be using them at your own risk. Unfortunately code that may work on the posters configuration of SMF may not work on your forum so try it with all the mods you want to use added to that test forum before you add it to a live/production forum.

James Z.

this mod fails to install for me,
the system says it's not a package or it's corrupted

I use SMF 1.1.3 with default theme

TrueSatan

The mod download page clearly states that it is for SMF 1.1.2 In this topic you will find a lot of discussion about problems with the mod and a number of suggested bug fixes...you would need to apply them for yourself if you were to use the mod...to get it to install then you can use version emulate...at your own risk as the mod is not intended for the version of SMF that you use and has known issues:

Put ;emulate_version=1.1.2 at the end of the Package Manager URL

James Z.

Quote from: TrueSatan on September 16, 2007, 05:48:42 AM
The mod download page clearly states that it is for SMF 1.1.2 In this topic you will find a lot of discussion about problems with the mod and a number of suggested bug fixes...you would need to apply them for yourself if you were to use the mod...to get it to install then you can use version emulate...at your own risk as the mod is not intended for the version of SMF that you use and has known issues:

Put ;emulate_version=1.1.2 at the end of the Package Manager URL

I'm not very good with these things :(

thanks...

Krysia

Anyone know if this mod is still inactive?

Harvester

I really wish this mod would be updated for 1.1.4 and the developer would continue work on it. It sounds like just what I am searching for.

I want a way that guests can NOT see any images or links...

Krysia

I also wish this mod could be in effect for 1.1.4. I have members who constantly insist on changing the color of their text, which is distracting, annoying, and inevitably clashes with whatever color scheme the site uses.

I'm sure I'm not the only Admin who's experienced this. ;)

Atheo

Anyone know if this works on 1-1-5?

Krysia

Alpay

hi;
do you thinkin adaptation for modification on smf version 2.0 beta 3.1 ?

techster

I have this MOD installed, but when spammers use uppercase URL BBCode tags, the links work.  Lowercase does not.  Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Thanks.

Hoochie Coochie Man

Thanks for this beautiful mod.
İnadına SMF 1.1.X

Sander

Oh please, make it work for 1.1.6...
And now for something completely different.

s_bastian

I'm trying this on a fresh 1.1.6 and it actually works BUT:

- there is a bug in the enabling/disabling system: in you press "check all" and save, everything gets disabled, even if it stays checked when reloading. eg:

I disable a tag -> make a post -> tag won't get parsed
I enable the tag by single cliking it -> make a new post -> tag GET parsed
BUT
I enable the tag (and all other) by pressing "check all" -> NO TAG get parsed, as if I had disabled them all.

in NO CASE posts get changed, if tag is enabled when a post is done, it continue to get parsed (this mod acts when post is saved on DB, so it is not "retroactive") ;)

if by mistake you press "check all" and save, no tag will be parsed anymore. To reenable the tags you must deselect them ALL, save, and re-select them ONE BY ONE, then save. Everything will work.

If you know this, you can use it on 1.1.6. And I hope this will also help to fix it ;)

Sabre™

hmmm strange.
I just installed into SMF 1.1.6, and have no problems as previously stated by other users.
This is as admin.
I will try user group that is restricted. If I do not return to reply, then consider me one of the lucky ones :D lol
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Sabre™

Well, Im not one of the lucky ones!! lol

A day or so later, and EVERYONE except me "the Admin" can use bbcodes.  They just dont parse for me! LOL

Dagnabbit!!
Is there some way to change this is the db, or somewhere else??
Its rather embarrassing when even your guests can out bbcode you! LOL

signed
            Non BBcode Admin
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Sander

The problem is, that something goes wrong, when an 'empty' record for a membergroup exists in the smf_bbc_permissions table. With 'empty' I mean, that there's nothing in the disallowed-column.

So, the check for the disallowed-field being empty should be enhanced, or you should delete the record for a membergroup from the smf_bbc_permissions table, when all permissions are enabled.

And now for something completely different.

Advertisement: