News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Is this way even possible?

Started by mddu, May 18, 2007, 02:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mddu

I'm looking into redoing my entire site but I want to be able to pull some things from smf into my main site.  What I want to use is content links (if I'm making any sense).  You'll always stay on the index page and the content on the right will change.  What I want to pull from smf is register and login and possibly who's online.  Those things will be visible just wondering if there's a way to do it as looking over the integration into your own site post has my head swimming. 

Any help or advice would be great.

Harro

Take a look at the SSI examples: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/ssi_examples.php
And to have the same layout for your site and forum you'll have to modify the forum template to show the links to the other pages.
Something like this: http://themes.forumaffiliates.net/index.php?theme=7

mddu

The inital tutorial I found need a lot of modifications to get it to do exactly what I want it to do.  Navigation on the left content on the right had to put it into tables to get the other stuff to look right.  I was thinking about doing the same thing with the forum but I don't want to screw the forum up itself by doing that.

I'm learning a lot I tell ya.  Building my own php site wooh! Is a heck of a lot more work than what I used to do eons ago.

I'll have a go at it tomorrow and see what comes up.

Thanks for the info :)

mddu

I started at my index.template.php file and can't seem to figure out where to do that at.  The theme I'm using the board is set off to the right in it already I just can't figure out where the content will go.  I can't find an empty td tag or an empty table in it.

The theme I'm using is called Space designed by simply sibyl the theme site is at hxxp:madamemmastent.smfforfree.com/ [nonactive]

Any help is appreciated because for some reason I can't wrap my brain around it.

Advertisement: