Signature Area BBCode Buttons

Started by vbgamer45, September 03, 2006, 08:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

Quote from: Get Pumped Saltwater on January 03, 2012, 07:00:50 PM
Quote from: Get Pumped Saltwater on January 03, 2012, 06:34:56 PM
So does this mod work for 2.0.1 or no? I tried to look it up on Package Manager and no joy..

Do I have to manually download the package?
or do I have to manually install everything?

I just tried to manually download the file and got a "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

:(
and my reply is as follows:
Quote from: Runic on November 15, 2011, 12:54:17 PM
did you emulate the mod?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Get Pumped Saltwater

Quote from: Runic on January 03, 2012, 07:42:57 PM
Quote from: Get Pumped Saltwater on January 03, 2012, 07:00:50 PM
Quote from: Get Pumped Saltwater on January 03, 2012, 06:34:56 PM
So does this mod work for 2.0.1 or no? I tried to look it up on Package Manager and no joy..

Do I have to manually download the package?
or do I have to manually install everything?

I just tried to manually download the file and got a "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

:(
and my reply is as follows:
Quote from: Runic on November 15, 2011, 12:54:17 PM
did you emulate the mod?

Emulate The Mod? Whats Emulate? ???

Get Pumped Saltwater

Quote from: フリーレンジ on January 04, 2012, 04:22:41 AM
How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version? ;)

Yes tryed.. I press apply SMF 2.0.1 Emulate and nothing.. It only shows (List files) (Delete).

It doesn't give me a choice to install.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Get Pumped Saltwater

Quote from: Runic on January 04, 2012, 09:27:36 AM
try using 2.0 in emulate.

Ive tried:

SMF 2.0.1
SMF 2.0

Nothing... Next? Can I just manual insert the code? It doesn't look like that many files.. Just 2 

Get Pumped Saltwater

Quote from: Get Pumped Saltwater on January 04, 2012, 06:28:40 PM
Quote from: Runic on January 04, 2012, 09:27:36 AM
try using 2.0 in emulate.

Ive tried:

SMF 2.0.1
SMF 2.0

Nothing... Next? Can I just manual insert the code? It doesn't look like that many files.. Just 2

Done... Working gooood now! ;D I used the 2.0 RC4 Manual Download..

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

adbasque

I am afraid everytime I try to install it it hangs for a longtime and nothing happens, although it goes through the test successfully but when I click at the bottom install, it hangs forever.

I have no problems with other mods, I use SMF 2.0.2, with a default theme.
Any ideas please?

Thanks

Deaks

nope sorry, does it give any errors in your error log.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Antechinus

Just installed this on a 1.1.x site. It adds all BBC buttons, even the ones that have been specifically disabled in admin.

It does not add any smileys at all, despite what it says on the download page. I think this thing needs a bit of a revamp.

Deaks

ive not done anything to it for 1.1.x line ... maybe I will remove that from it :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Antechinus

Gà Mái

Any new fix to work with WYSIWYG

Waiting...
-- I love SMF --

vaelek1

After some frustrating digging around, I finally figured out that this mod is breaking signatures altogether. When it is installed, any changes made to signatures do not stick when they are saved. As soon as I uninstalled it, changes started sticking again. Really quite a shame as making users markup bbcode by hand is not very user friendly. I am using SMF 2.0.2

DarkAngel612

Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Grammy

This mod shows to parse for 2.0.11, installs via the package manager easily, throws no forum errors, displays all the BBC buttons and smileys in the profile, as one might expect.  The only issue is that signatures are not saved.  If I uninstall the mod and just enter a plain ol' signature (old school) it saves just fine.  But when I reinstall the mod, signatures are no longer saved.

Signatures are enabled; it works fine until the mod is installed.  2.0.11 default, no errors.

Anyone have an idea why sigs don't save in 2.0.11 with this mod, if the install and uninstall (and install, ha) went smoothly?  :)

DarkAngel612

I have been asking for help with this mod since the dinos ruled the earth. Mine is the opposite. It installs and works beautifully HOWEVER later on shoudl the members attempt to change the signature they can not.

You go to the spot, change the siggie and it appears to have changed, I think you are even told the profile was saved but when you go view it either in profile or  in a post it is still the same. Nobody, admin or not, can change the signature in any way, shape or form. To regain the control one needs to go to the database for changing or uninstall the mod.

It does not seem that anyone is keeping this mod in the loop,

Mod Name:Signature Area BBCode ButtonsCreated By:vbgamer45 Type:BBC First Created:September 02, 2006, 03:42:56 PMLast Modified:November 25, 2013, 12:00:43 PMLatest Version:2.0.3Compatible With:1.1.17, 1.1.19, 2.0.3, 2.0.6Total Downloads:10026Notifications:Notify me of updates.
The parsing link just gives you the same code that is provided in the mod...not for current version of SMF
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Grammy

Quote from: Grammy on June 10, 2016, 07:12:26 PM
This mod shows to parse for 2.0.11, installs via the package manager easily, throws no forum errors, displays all the BBC buttons and smileys in the profile, as one might expect.  The only issue is that signatures are not saved.  If I uninstall the mod and just enter a plain ol' signature (old school) it saves just fine.  But when I reinstall the mod, signatures are no longer saved.

Signatures are enabled; it works fine until the mod is installed.  2.0.11 default, no errors.

Anyone have an idea why sigs don't save in 2.0.11 with this mod, if the install and uninstall (and install, ha) went smoothly?  :)

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on June 10, 2016, 08:26:40 PM
I have been asking for help with this mod since the dinos ruled the earth. Mine is the opposite. It installs and works beautifully HOWEVER later on shoudl the members attempt to change the signature they can not.

You go to the spot, change the siggie and it appears to have changed, I think you are even told the profile was saved but when you go view it either in profile or  in a post it is still the same. Nobody, admin or not, can change the signature in any way, shape or form. To regain the control one needs to go to the database for changing or uninstall the mod.

It does not seem that anyone is keeping this mod in the loop,

Mod Name:Signature Area BBCode ButtonsCreated By:vbgamer45 Type:BBC First Created:September 02, 2006, 03:42:56 PMLast Modified:November 25, 2013, 12:00:43 PMLatest Version:2.0.3Compatible With:1.1.17, 1.1.19, 2.0.3, 2.0.6Total Downloads:10026Notifications:Notify me of updates.
The parsing link just gives you the same code that is provided in the mod...not for current version of SMF

That's really a shame!   :(

The mod author seems to have a great many mods, all very nice and he's active on the boards.  I guess he's pretty busy.  But what I don't understand is why the mod indicates (on the mod page pulldown menu) that it parses for 2.0.11 and why it seems to install correctly.  It seems that, if it shouldn't work for 2.0.11, it shouldn't install.  Or it should at least be throwing some kind of errors.   :-\

shadav

just saw that this says it was last updated on march 2nd, anything new?

Advertisement: