News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Additional Private Message feature request

Started by CERT, May 13, 2004, 05:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CERT

Would it be possible to allow users to create "folders" for their private messages? This way they can keep them and make them organized?

I.E. You have Inbox... but you may want to have "Topic 1" and "Topic 2" as folders and be able to store PMs in them?

Tomer

Anguz

Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

dschwab9

What would be really cool is a mod that will be compatible with 1.1  ;D

[Unknown]

You can already make mods that would work for different versions, even if the code changes have to be different.  I will be writing up documentation on this later.

-[Unknown]

dschwab9

I meant if someone where to write a mod now, and, when it's added to the distribution, the existing folders were still there.

I had this mod on my Yabb gold where you could have a "storage folder" for IM's, but, when I switched to YaBB SE, all the data in everyone's storage folder was lost.  I'm just saying whatever mod is made for this, it would be nice to be able to import the existing data into SMF when that feature is added.

[Unknown]

Ideally, the mod authors would write conversion scripts if the data had to be changed/handled differently.

-[Unknown]

dschwab9

[Unknown]

If it were a really popular mod, you might even be able to convince me/us to write a conversion script for it.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: